shk2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone been invited to an interview for Physics at Oxford yet? Also is there a specific time that you should expect to find out because I've been thinking maybe the weekdays and standard working hours or would they contact you about an interview at any random time?
Physicsqueen
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know about this year, but I remember last year physics interviews were given out first week of December (so around this time of the year, maybe a week later this year, I’m not sure). They emailed me around 6PM in the evening. Also don’t worry if you hear of others hearing back before you, different colleges email back on different days/times.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your application
Last edited by Physicsqueen; 1 month ago
shk2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Physicsqueen)
I don’t know about this year, but I remember last year physics interviews were given out first week of December (so around this time of the year, maybe a week later this year, I’m not sure). They emailed me around 6PM in the evening. Also don’t worry if you hear of others hearing back before you, different colleges email back on different days/times.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your application
Thanks so much. It's the waiting that's the hardest part. The uncertainty about when the email will come is making it so hard to wait.
Physicsqueen
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shk2002)
Thanks so much. It's the waiting that's the hardest part. The uncertainty about when the email will come is making it so hard to wait.
Definitely, I remember this time last year, constantly refreshing my emails.

Remember whatever the outcome at whatever the stage of the application, be proud of yourself for applying.
shk2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Physicsqueen)
Definitely, I remember this time last year, constantly refreshing my emails.

Remember whatever the outcome at whatever the stage of the application, be proud of yourself for applying.
Thanks so much. Thankfully I have an offer from Bristol which is my next choice so I'm really thrilled about that. It makes it easier to be rejected by oxford.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (82)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (165)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (55)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
2.95%

Watched Threads