The Student Room Group

Not really into clubbing/partying, shall I do it anyway?

Basically I'm at my first year at uni at the moment but I'm getting a bit bored becuase I genuinely do not like partying/clubbing.

So what shall I do, go and just have a miserable time and just put a smile on my face, or don't go at all and stay alone in my flat :frown:

But its not like I'm a loner, I am mates with all my flatmates and we get on really well and usually go out shopping/eating together during the day

Scroll to see replies

I am like this and I do not plan to change myself for anyone. You can have fun in sport, eating with friends, shopping sprees, picnics, walks. That's my sort of fun. Partying/clubbing has never appealed to me and I will not go just because "everyone" is going. :no:
Reply 2
Eternity Forever
I am like this and I do not plan to change myself for anyone. You can have fun in sport, eating with friends, shopping sprees, picnics, walks. That's my sort of fun. Partying/clubbing has never appealed to me and I will not go just because "everyone" is going. :no:

Glad to know there is someone else like me, thats the thing really, I dont wanna be someone I'm not. But at uni, finding people like me seems impossible....
EDCE88
Glad to know there is someone else like me, thats the thing really, I dont wanna be someone I'm not. But at uni, finding people like me seems impossible....

Maybe we might have to look a bit more than everyone else..but it'll happen.:smile: Not everyone is into partying and clubbing at university. There will be a lot of different people.
Eternity Forever

Damn you are just like me :hugs:
prospectivEEconomist
Damn you are just like me :hugs:

You like shopping sprees?:biggrin:

Funny, I would have thought you were the the ultimate party individual!:o:
Wait no...not shopping sprees, but the other stuff yeh :P. Why did you think that :lolwut: Do I come across as macho :curious:
prospectivEEconomist
Wait no...not shopping sprees, but the other stuff yeh :P. Why did you think that :lolwut: Do I come across as macho :curious:

Damn, not shopping sprees. :frown:

You seem very extrovert and out there from what I have gathered. Just assumed you would be into partying - your threads about girls etc. It's good that you are the "other stuff":wink: :p:
Reply 8
Im the same I HATE clubbing and don't really drink much at all (health reasons). My freshers is in a weeks time, I plan on just going out to maybe one or two clubs and grinning and bear it then hopefully that will be enough. I just want to join societies, go to gym, cinema etc but freshers fairs at the end of freshers week :mad:.

Dont change yourself just to fit in though. Do whatever you enjoy and have other people accomodate for you, not the otherway round. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Not every enjoys say going to the cinema, so why do people expect everyone to enjoy clubbing?
Reply 9
I can share a lot of the sentiment in this thread, I'm not all that into clubbing myself. It's the really bad atmosphere you get in them that gets me most.

Having said that, it is a chance to go out and have fun with friends/ run into people. Who needs an excuse to spend a few hours jumping around like crazy people, pretending you're dancing, with friends?! I can just about endure it for that.
EDCE88

Don't worry, there will be lots of people like you out there, but due to our nature we are a lot harder to find than the ones who are "into clubbing/partying". It will be worth it in the end. :yep:
Eternity Forever

Damn, not shopping sprees. :frown:

You seem very extrovert and out there from what I have gathered. Just assumed you would be into partying - your threads about girls etc. It's good that you are the "other stuff":wink: :p:

I wish I had applied to Bristol :redface: Could have been pals then :frown:
I don't enjoy clubbing, and I went a grand total of four times this year I think. One of them was Fresher's Week, one during RAG and the other two were for birthdays. I actually enjoyed the first two, but hated the birthdays. I managed to avoid any other club nights!
It did isolate me a bit from others in Halls I guess because a lot of people were going out at least once a week. But not changing myself allowed me to make friends with like minded people on my course, so I have lots of friends that way :smile:
I've not started uni yet, but am a little bit worried about this. Never really been into the whole clubbing thing and would much rather spend a quiet night in with friends just talking, if nothing else. However, I don't know if I'd come across as just being a bit anti-social, which I'm not really, hence a bit of a dilemma...
Reply 14
Eternity Forever
You like shopping sprees?:biggrin:

Funny, I would have thought you were the the ultimate party individual!:o:

I enjoy shopping sprees, we should get hitched :wink:
Mos Def
I enjoy shopping sprees, we should get hitched :wink:

:p:
Reply 16
There's no harm in trying it. What about it do you not like? For me it's the dancing but I didn't mind sitting in a little booth with my friends and chatting. Or you could suggest alternative things to do when your friends want to go clubbing :smile:
prospectivEEconomist
I wish I had applied to Bristol :redface: Could have been pals then :frown:

Blame it on fate.:smile:
Be true to yourself and follow your heart, if your hearts not in it, don't do it! Im not!
awwsugar
There's no harm in trying it. What about it do you not like? For me it's the dancing but I didn't mind sitting in a little booth with my friends and chatting. Or you could suggest alternative things to do when your friends want to go clubbing :smile:

I get scared by all the slutty slags who dance half naked and perform explicit moves.

Latest