Are Sussex lenient with their GCSE's requirements?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For the course I'm applying to, I have met the entry requirements in terms of my predicted grades. However, for the two of my GCSE's, they are one grade below the requirements, that be both Chemicals and Mathematics at grade 4 as opposed to grade 5. All my other GCSE's meet the requirements, but will this have a huge detrimental effect on me applying, should I even try and apply or are Sussex somewhat lenient in this aspect?
Advertisement
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For the course I'm applying to, I have met the entry requirements in terms of my predicted grades. However, for the two of my GCSE's, they are one grade below the requirements, that be both Chemicals and Mathematics at grade 4 as opposed to grade 5. All my other GCSE's meet the requirements, but will this have a huge detrimental effect on me applying, should I even try and apply or are Sussex somewhat lenient in this aspect?
Hello,

Thank you for your message. Normally, students are required to meet the compulsory entry criteria stated. However, exceptions are made from time to time, especially if a student qualifies for a contextual offer (i.e. they can provide some evidence of their educational achievement being adversely affected by a factor beyond their control, e.g. mental or physical health problem). You can find out more about contextual offers by following these 2 links:
https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/under.../apply/offers;
https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/terms...ess-agreements.

However, regardless of whether or not you qualify for a contextual offer, I would advise you to contact the designated school that you will be applying to. I can send you the contact details if you let me know which course you are planning to apply for. Alternatively, you can email [email protected] for general course and application enquiries.

I hope this gives you some useful guidance. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best of Luck,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSCI with a Year Abroad)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (99)
63.46%
I don't have everything I need (57)
36.54%

Watched Threads