username5491034
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i did a diagnostic test in school got CUU so i am not going to uni
got mocks in 2 weeks no way i will do well is them and my predicted is going to be ****

anyway

i got 876555444 for GCSEs what can I do with that ?
Last edited by username5491034; 1 month ago
Shadow~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subjects are you taking? You could consider a gap year.
Otherwise, focus on the 2 subjects you have U's in and try and cram revision before your mocks. Look at past papers and familiarise yourself with the markschemes.
anon033
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Put the effort in now and try and get at least C's in all your subjects. At uni, you could do a foundation feeder course onto your real subject or go through clearing and do joint subjects. They'll be more lenient in terms of grades.
Write a good personal statement.
Take a gap year.
Or redo this year.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shadow~)
What subjects are you taking? You could consider a gap year.
Otherwise, focus on the 2 subjects you have U's in and try and cram revision before your mocks. Look at past papers and familiarise yourself with the markschemes.
Further maths, maths and physics
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by anon033)
Put the effort in now and try and get at least C's in all your subjects. At uni, you could do a foundation feeder course onto your real subject or go through clearing and do joint subjects. They'll be more lenient in terms of grades.
Write a good personal statement.
Take a gap year.
Or redo this year.
Take a gap year. how would this work who will do my predicted grades and where will i sit my exams
anon033
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by existentialdered)
Take a gap year. how would this work who will do my predicted grades and where will i sit my exams
Do your best in the mocks and exams to try and get Cs to get decent predicated grades. You do your exams like normal, just apply for uni and defer maybe? If your grades are still not great, doing year 13 again is an option or doing your A levels this time next year so you have an extra 6 months.

Your CAGs (centre assessed grades) others will decide. Your teachers have an input, but ultimately the gov. will choose.

In the gap year, you could get a job, volunteer, do work experience, build up your CV and do your A levels again.

Whatever you choose, ask careers at your college for advice and do research on your options, these are just suggestions.
Shadow~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
those are difficult subjects, I took maths and further maths
Maths is relatively easy to cram, because there's sm resources online, e.g Physics&Maths Tutor. just work through your textbook and then do some papers before your mocks
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do maths and physics a level, what exam board are you ?
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rae5)
I do maths and physics a level, what exam board are you ?
physics - OCR
Maths - Edexcel
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i did a diagnostic test in school got CUU so i am not going to uni
got mocks in 2 weeks no way i will do well is them and my predicted is going to be ****

anyway

i got 876555444 for GCSEs what can I do with that ?
What do you want to do in the future? Job wise
username5491034
Rep:
?
I was going to do civil engineer but... that is ….I got TWO Us FFS anyway something in real-estate/residential constriction field

but I dont really care at this point noting is interesting me, just need money so I can survive **** way to live but what can I do I have no passions or interests.....so ya
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was going to do civil engineer but... that is ….I got TWO Us FFS anyway something in real-estate/residential constriction field

but I dont really care at this point noting is interesting me, just need money so I can survive **** way to live but what can I do I have no passions or interests.....so ya
Can you do a NVQ/BTEC thingy?
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Can you do a NVQ/BTEC thingy?
i will look in to NVQs never herd of then I assume like apretaships after the mocks i will try to get the best i can which is still going to be **** but might well try i guess
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i will look in to NVQs never herd of then I assume like apretaships after the mocks i will try to get the best i can which is still going to be **** but might well try i guess
Yes like an apprenticeship sort of thing! Good luck for the future wish you the very best
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Yes like an apprenticeship sort of thing! Good luck for the future wish you the very best
same to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads