Want more information about this university?

My "Top 10 things to do in and around Kingston".

Watch
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thinking of studying at Kingston University? Well, I may be able to help with your decision by sharing my 'Top 10 things to do in and around Kingston". Sadly, a few events on the list were cancelled this year due to coronavirus. However, I am hoping they will be up and running again in 2021.

My "Top 10 things to do in and around Kingston":

1. Winter wonderland – Get yourself into the Christmas spirit by popping over to Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland. You can browse the Christmas market with a cup of mulled wine in your hand, or have a merry time on the fairground rides. What are you waiting for? - Join the festivities and tick this off your bucket list!

2. Imber Court Firework Display – Remember, remember the fifth of November with Surrey’s largest firework display. Bonfire Night is an annual commemoration that you can’t escape from; wherever you are that night you’re guaranteed to hear numerous fireworks go off outside, so why not go BIG and see the largest display in Surrey for yourself?

3. Varsity – Support Kingston University at Tolworth Court Sports Ground by watching various sports teams compete against City, University of London as they battle for Varsity victory. Numerous matches are played on the day, such as football, rugby, netball and even fencing. Alongside this you can play zorb football, have some fun on the inflatables or nibble on a slice (or two) of pizza. The event at Tolworth took place on 26th March in 2020, so whether you’re in a sports society or not, keep an eye out for the 2021 dates and take all your friends with you to root for Kingston University.

4. Fright Nights at Thorpe Park – WARNING: this event is not recommended for the faint-hearted. However, if you get pleasure from people scaring the living daylights out of you then this is right up your street. Fright Nights 2020 ran on various dates from 9th October to 1st November; perfect timing to celebrate Halloween. You have from 10am-10pm to thrill yourself by going on as many roller-coasters and in as many mazes as you desire, but watch out for the actors spread around the park – they may try to scare you.

5. Global festival – Join Kingston University in March for a week-long festival that has celebrated internationalism and diversity for the past eight years. Various events will run across all four campuses, and the best news is that it’s free, except for a few events that will fundraise for charities or volunteer trips. You’ll be able to watch dance performances, get involved in drum workshops and even taste cuisine from various cultures. Bring the community closer together by embracing new experiences.

6. Richmond park – If you’re tired of all the hustle and bustle of city life and are looking for somewhere tranquil to relax, head over to Richmond Park for an afternoon stroll. This picturesque park is an ideal spot to sit and have a picnic, while watching the deer wander past. Alternatively, if you fancy a scenic bike ride, you can hire an electric bike at Kingston Hill campus from £1.

7. Hampton Court Palace – Ice skate in front of one of the greatest palaces in the UK; the open-air ice rink will provide you with an abundance of festive fun. Perhaps you could make the most of the day and follow this with a visit inside the palace, or enjoy a warm drink or some delicious winter treats at the heated Ice Rink Café.

8. Rose Theatre – If you’re a theatre enthusiast, or just want to try something new, then head over to the Rose Theatre to watch a show. Various musicians, comedians and actors perform at this local venue, so there’s always something to go and watch. However, if you’re happy to travel into central London, you could watch a performance at one of the popular West End Theatres.

9. Freshers’ Fair – Looking to join a society? Want to get your hands on some freebies? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, then the Freshers’ Fair is the perfect place for you to explore. Hosting over 200 stalls advertising various restaurants, societies, job opportunities and much more; there's something for everyone. It’s a good chance for you to meet new people, and find something you’ll love taking part in.

10. The Bentalls Centre – During early October, The Bentalls Centre host their annual Student Night, where you can access exclusive discounts from various stores inside. If you want to purchase some stationery supplies or are thinking of updating your wardrobe, this is the ideal event to attend – particularly if you want some money off. Not only are there discounts at the shops, but the restaurants within the Centre provide discounts too, so you could have a cheap meal there to end the night.

Verity - Official Kingston rep - Primary Education student
Last edited by Kingston University; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed