RAF Halton - Being called back after graduation - SATS?

Watch
JasonG79
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son graduates from RAF Halton next week and there's a possibility that he may not be coming home due to being needed at the base or possibly being sent to another base to assist their needs due to the Covid pandemic. I think he described the term SATS and something else beginning with 'M' that I cant remember. Can anyone explain what these terms mean. Thanks in advance. Jason
Last edited by JasonG79; 1 month ago
beanstalkgirl_24
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
SATTs is 'Servicemen/Women Awaiting Trade Training'. Essentially, personnel that have graduated from Halton but are awaiting their Phase 2 course to start.

M? Could possibly be MACA - Military Aid to Civilian Authorities - basically, assisting civilian authorities with things like Whole Town Testing for COVID.
rhos113
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JasonG79)
My son graduates from RAF Halton next week and there's a possibility that he may not be coming home due to being needed at the base or possibly being sent to another base to assist their needs due to the Covid pandemic. I think he described the term SATS and something else beginning with 'M' that I cant remember. Can anyone explain what these terms mean. Thanks in advance. Jason
To add to what Beanstalkgirl has already said:

Your son can expect to be given additional duties to assist with RAF Halton or the wider RAF while on SATTs. Given that they are awaiting their next phase of training, SATTs personnel have no actual day to day tasks so they are often called upon to assist with tasks.
BareFacedLoady
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahhhh SATs. I think it's all been mentioned but I'd just add that there was always the possibility to be "fostered out" to another location within the RAF. RAF bases, AFCO's ect often take on SATs personnel to help them gain a bit of a wider insight while waiting for their trade training/phase 2 training.

With the current climate being what it is, I'm unsure if that will be something they can offer your lad, but if he does get the chance I'd personally recommend he jumps at the chance. They'll explain everything to him after he graduates.

All the best with his career!
beanstalkgirl_24
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BareFacedLoady)
Ahhhh SATs. I think it's all been mentioned but I'd just add that there was always the possibility to be "fostered out" to another location within the RAF. RAF bases, AFCO's ect often take on SATs personnel to help them gain a bit of a wider insight while waiting for their trade training/phase 2 training.

With the current climate being what it is, I'm unsure if that will be something they can offer your lad, but if he does get the chance I'd personally recommend he jumps at the chance. They'll explain everything to him after he graduates.

All the best with his career!
Agree, a little 'detachment' to a proper RAF station, rather than marching round Halton is far nicer!
Having said that, I wonder whether SATTs could/might be used for COVID support - I know that for flooding a few years back, they were used for Op PITCHPOLE doing sandbagging etc etc.
JasonG79
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by beanstalkgirl_24)
Agree, a little 'detachment' to a proper RAF station, rather than marching round Halton is far nicer!
Having said that, I wonder whether SATTs could/might be used for COVID support - I know that for flooding a few years back, they were used for Op PITCHPOLE doing sandbagging etc etc.
Thanks for reply, appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads