The Student Room Group

University Interview

Yay! I will be having my first university interview next week for BSc Mental Health Nursing and I'm quite nervous about it! Any tips and/or suggestions from Mental Health Nursing student out there? Thank you!
Reply 1
6 Cs. That comes up in interview for every nursing field. That and why you want to be a MH nurse and you'll have most, if not all, of the interview covered.
Reply 2
look at the NMC code, 6 c's and the usual why MH? why that university?
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_B
6 Cs. That comes up in interview for every nursing field. That and why you want to be a MH nurse and you'll have most, if not all, of the interview covered.

Thank you! This is helpful. I just worry about scenario questions but will read more about 6Cs. 😊
Reply 4
Original post by hawwie
look at the NMC code, 6 c's and the usual why MH? why that university?

Great thank you! I will look into NMC codes now and will make sure to understand them. Thanks for your insight! Appreciate it. 😊
Reply 5
- Get your passion for mental health across!
- look at the NHS Values Based Recruitment Framework (this is the framework for recruitment that most uni’s use so it’s handy to know what they’re looking for/how they make their decisions)
- most uni’s will ask for scenarios specifically related to the 6Cs/ Values of the NHS Constitution, stuff like ‘tell us about a time you were compassionate’, ‘Tell us about a time where you had to use teamwork’ etc

Any other questions about mental health nursing/ the process for application, lemme know - I’m a student MH nurse :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by moosec
- Get your passion for mental health across!
- look at the NHS Values Based Recruitment Framework (this is the framework for recruitment that most uni’s use so it’s handy to know what they’re looking for/how they make their decisions)
- most uni’s will ask for scenarios specifically related to the 6Cs/ Values of the NHS Constitution, stuff like ‘tell us about a time you were compassionate’, ‘Tell us about a time where you had to use teamwork’ etc

Any other questions about mental health nursing/ the process for application, lemme know - I’m a student MH nurse :smile:

Thank you so much for your detailed reply and input! 😇 I worry about scenario questions as I am not really strong on thinking outside the box but thanks for your tips! How are you liking being MH student nurse? 😊
Reply 7
Just want to say Thank you to all who replied here and gave me advice. I got an offer for BSc Mental Health Nursing! So excited yay! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending