feel like god hates me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so my whole extended family is a mixture of catholics and hindus and i dont really have a mental image of god but just do like my mental image of god is constantly being changed whether it parodies Christianity or Hinduism. My dad is an alcoholic and hes the worst and my mum always says to me and my older sibling that she prays for us and everything we have gone through and we have a good future and now I am 15 and my home life has changed in no way whatsoever and even my school hasnt changed that much except from me getting good grades this year. I know life is what you make it but idk
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Convert to Islam.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And out of everyone God chose you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
And out of everyone God chose you?
wdym
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Convert to Islam.
From the stovetop to the nazi book burnings then.
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Convert to Islam.
Muslim here, worry about yourself mate. Let the people lead their path, it's not our problem or responsibility, we can only hope.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so my whole extended family is a mixture of catholics and hindus and i dont really have a mental image of god but just do like my mental image of god is constantly being changed whether it parodies Christianity or Hinduism. My dad is an alcoholic and hes the worst and my mum always says to me and my older sibling that she prays for us and everything we have gone through and we have a good future and now I am 15 and my home life has changed in no way whatsoever and even my school hasnt changed that much except from me getting good grades this year. I know life is what you make it but idk
you need to focus on the good bits of your life. it is wonderful that you are doing so well in school. by getting good results you can take control of your life in the future and have an interesting career.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thats because only you can solve your problems not a fictional god
Anonymous #1
Convert to Islam.
kind of given up on religion
(Original post by the bear)
you need to focus on the good bits of your life. it is wonderful that you are doing so well in school. by getting good results you can take control of your life in the future and have an interesting career.
yeah but its just like 15 years and i am still stuck here nothings changed except from my grades
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wdym
God doesn’t care about you basically, that should be self-evident I think.
justagirltbh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey im muslim but ive felt distanced from my religion... tbh its up to you whether you want to believe in god or not, your life your decision, but dont give up on your religion that easily practice it tell someone perhaps at a local mandir or a church wherever you go to pray i guess. We can talk if you wanna? im 16 in year 11
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah but its just like 15 years and i am still stuck here nothings changed except from my grades
You say that like you’re not a 15 year old - but a 40 year old.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ruqaiyahhhh_)
Hey im muslim but ive felt distanced from my religion... tbh its up to you whether you want to believe in god or not, your life your decision, but dont give up on your religion that easily practice it tell someone perhaps at a local mandir or a church wherever you go to pray i guess. We can talk if you wanna? im 16 in year 11
nah i dont have a "religion" as my family is a mixture of Catholics and Hindus and my mum always says to me that she prays for us when my dad gets drunk and shes been saying that for 15 years
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I think you should wait another 15 years before claiming nothing has changed.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nah i dont have a "religion" as my family is a mixture of Catholics and Hindus and my mum always says to me that she prays for us when my dad gets drunk and shes been saying that for 15 years
If your dad has a drinking problem he needs professional help. He's not gonna do it, so it's unfortunately down to one of you guys to get him sorted out. But at least you will have tried if it doesn't work out as planned. Do your family members argue a lot or get along with the mixed religious beliefs?
Anonymous #1
If your dad has a drinking problem he needs professional help. He's not gonna do it, so it's unfortunately down to one of you guys to get him sorted out. But at least you will have tried if it doesn't work out as planned. Do your family members argue a lot or get along with the mixed religious beliefs?
we get along with the mixed beliefs and yes we argue like a lot but its got nothing to do with the religion but he wont go professional help
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's a positive. Now you can focus on what's true.

My dad is an alcoholic
I'm sorry to hear that.

getting good grades this year. I know life is what you make it but idk
Getting good grades will open-up more opportunities for you. Good luck.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we get along with the mixed beliefs and yes we argue like a lot but its got nothing to do with the religion but he wont go professional help
Yeah listen, people with addictions rarely get help. It's unfortunately down to loved ones to get help for them. He doesn't understand that an early horrible death will affect all of you. I think you or your mum or someone should get together and come up with a plan to help him out - if that don't work then at least you can't be guilty of not trying.

What are the arguments about? Does that affect your life?
Anonymous #1
Yeah listen, people with addictions rarely get help. It's unfortunately down to loved ones to get help for them. He doesn't understand that an early horrible death will affect all of you. I think you or your mum or someone should get together and come up with a plan to help him out - if that don't work then at least you can't be guilty of not trying.

What are the arguments about? Does that affect your life?
yeah well my mum doesnt want me getting involved so she and my older sibling (18) have tried planning everything and nothing has work and i dont want to talk about the arguments as they are personal
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah well my mum doesnt want me getting involved so she and my older sibling (18) have tried planning everything and nothing has work and i dont want to talk about the arguments as they are personal
Fair enough. Well then, if you've already tried the professional and medical help route, I'm afraid there's not much else you can do. You gotta live your own life ya know? Sad situation but you gotta distance yourself from his destructive behaviour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads