Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
No one in my class talks to me and I feel so isolated at break times. I have no friendly contact or friends in college and people make fun of me. We was getting all our folders out, this guy had mine then I saw it was mine I said that is mine mate I was just being friendly and he said to his friend why am I calling him mate. People just laugh at me there and they make fun of me other ways.
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No one in my class talks to me and I feel so isolated at break times. I have no friendly contact or friends in college and people make fun of me. We was getting all our folders out, this guy had mine then I saw it was mine I said that is mine mate I was just being friendly and he said to his friend why am I calling him mate. People just laugh at me there and they make fun of me other ways.
Hi, I am really sorry to hear this, people can just be horrible, try and remember that they are probably just showing off and if they tried this kind of behaviour in 'real life' it wouldn't stand. How long have you got left of the course?

Would you be comfortable talking to a teacher about it? That way they can keep an eye on it and stop anything that is being said. Two ways of dealing with it, ignore them completely, when you have leave you honestly wont even remember these people and as long as you get the grades you will do better in life then they have anyway. Or you can say something back, usually if you say it back to them it makes them embarrassed and they don't repeat themselves, so if they said 'your hair is stupid' just say 'why is my hair stupid' or if its something else like 'you are so dumb' just ask back 'sorry i didn't catch that, did you call me dumb?' sounds silly but usually they take a second to realise that their 'joke' isn't funny.

I hope it gets better for you, try and find other people with the same hobby as you and talk to them, college is just a small part of your life, please don't let it affect you too badly, although I know its a horrible situation to be in!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Abzzz57)
Hi, I am really sorry to hear this, people can just be horrible, try and remember that they are probably just showing off and if they tried this kind of behaviour in 'real life' it wouldn't stand. How long have you got left of the course?

Would you be comfortable talking to a teacher about it? That way they can keep an eye on it and stop anything that is being said. Two ways of dealing with it, ignore them completely, when you have leave you honestly wont even remember these people and as long as you get the grades you will do better in life then they have anyway. Or you can say something back, usually if you say it back to them it makes them embarrassed and they don't repeat themselves, so if they said 'your hair is stupid' just say 'why is my hair stupid' or if its something else like 'you are so dumb' just ask back 'sorry i didn't catch that, did you call me dumb?' sounds silly but usually they take a second to realise that their 'joke' isn't funny.

I hope it gets better for you, try and find other people with the same hobby as you and talk to them, college is just a small part of your life, please don't let it affect you too badly, although I know its a horrible situation to be in!
I don't feel comfortable talking to a teacher and they aren’t very good to be honest
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't feel comfortable talking to a teacher and they aren’t very good to be honest
Hmm thats hard then, maybe a parent or sibling? If not just ignore them or say something back to them, just brush off what they say to you and keep working towards your goals, in the grand scheme of things they wont be significant so don't let them hold any place in your head!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Abzzz57)
Hmm thats hard then, maybe a parent or sibling? If not just ignore them or say something back to them, just brush off what they say to you and keep working towards your goals, in the grand scheme of things they wont be significant so don't let them hold any place in your head!
I'm thinking about going till Christmas then quitting the course because I get really down sometimes and this isn't helping.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most ppl can relate. Best thing to do is take some time out, at least once, to take it as constructive criticism or feedback and use it as such and say..."hmm...maybe I should wash my hair better. Maybe I should check myself for stains in the mirror 360 before I leave. Maybe I did wear this all week. Maybe I should eat a better breakfast so I have engaging energy or a warm smile. Maybe I should let other people speak or answer a question. Maybe I should be mindful of words I use."

If you fix this stuff and they STILL **** with you. **** em. If you refuse to even fathom that you're not flawed with potential to improve and grow and find yourself alone, then don't go crying. I tell myself this as well. Thing is, while I have a lot to learn, I've long surpassed the getting to know myself and how to fit in phase. I try to be nice but I really don't give a ****.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Most ppl can relate. Best thing to do is take some time out, at least once, to take it as constructive criticism or feedback and use it as such and say..."hmm...maybe I should wash my hair better. Maybe I should check myself for stains in the mirror 360 before I leave. Maybe I did wear this all week. Maybe I should eat a better breakfast so I have engaging energy or a warm smile. Maybe I should let other people speak or answer a question. Maybe I should be mindful of words I use."

If you fix this stuff and they STILL **** with you. **** em. If you refuse to even fathom that you're not flawed with potential to improve and grow and find yourself alone, then don't go crying. I tell myself this as well. Thing is, while I have a lot to learn, I've long surpassed the getting to know myself and how to fit in phase. I try to be nice but I really don't give a ****.
I'm not doing anything wrong
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not doing anything wrong
LMFAO OK sir bye and don't tag me again 👍
Anniemo004
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just ignore them, they mean nothing to you. It’s true your not his mate and thats cause he’s a c***. Your there to get your grades and leave, do not prioritise them ever, they legit mean jack shite to you. Focus on getting the best grades, college wasn’t that great for me and a lot of my current amazing friends. You will find amazing friends and come across kind people. Just overcome and fight this obstacle and there is always a door. Good luck and f those wan****
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anniemo004)
just ignore them, they mean nothing to you. It’s true your not his mate and thats cause he’s a c***. Your there to get your grades and leave, do not prioritise them ever, they legit mean jack shite to you. Focus on getting the best grades, college wasn’t that great for me and a lot of my current amazing friends. You will find amazing friends and come across kind people. Just overcome and fight this obstacle and there is always a door. Good luck and f those wan****
Thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
LMFAO OK sir bye and don't tag me again 👍
I didnt tag you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads