_gracecharlie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Posting on behalf of a friend who was dropped one a level mid Y13 and is now unsure if she can apply to uni? Am I correct in saying she can either: apply to places with lower UCAS points offers that can be achieved with two good grades or take a year off and do a third a level then apply? Or are there other options?
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
possible foundation year options? some unis may accept her onto a foundation year course with two alevels! tell her to look at the courses and unis she likes and check entry requirements!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Agree with post above. I would email each uni and ask them for some guidance - they know best!
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some universities do accept 2 A-levels but her options will have narrowed substantially.
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d advise to do the third A-level, most, if not all unis, even the worst, do not accept 2 A-levels
_gracecharlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by dylgeo)
I’d advise to do the third A-level, most, if not all unis, even the worst, do not accept 2 A-levels
okay thank you we thought this was likely to be the case but initially school told her to apply with two so we weren't sure
_gracecharlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by baby.bear)
possible foundation year options? some unis may accept her onto a foundation year course with two alevels! tell her to look at the courses and unis she likes and check entry requirements!!
thanks we didn't think of this!
_gracecharlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by .2.0.0.3.)
Agree with post above. I would email each uni and ask them for some guidance - they know best!
yeah I think we'll email some admissions departments tomorrow
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gracecharlie)
yeah I think we'll email some admissions departments tomorrow
Ypu don't need to do that - this information will be on the uni website.

Some only require DD grades at A level for the Foundation year and guarantee that passing the year gets you onto the degree. The OU is also an option.
_gracecharlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Ypu don't need to do that - this information will be on the uni website.

Some only require DD grades at A level for the Foundation year and guarantee that passing the year gets you onto the degree. The OU is also an option.
okay thank you
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gracecharlie)
thanks we didn't think of this!
no worries! i know some unis for certain courses accept ucas points as low as 48 so she definitely would have a chance if she took a foundation year within her course! it depends where and what she studies but there are definitely ways to go to uni!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads