How to contact a student union

Watch
Aluri
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm incredibly unhappy with how my first year was delivered and want to get into contact with a student union to understand what rights I have regarding it. My university is a small one in Devon has no formal student union. I have never contacted a student union before and am not sure who I could contact for advice, anyone have the contacts for or a link for a general student union or a student advice board?

Thanks
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aluri)
I'm incredibly unhappy with how my first year was delivered and want to get into contact with a student union to understand what rights I have regarding it. My university is a small one in Devon has no formal student union. I have never contacted a student union before and am not sure who I could contact for advice, anyone have the contacts for or a link for a general student union or a student advice board?

Thanks
Sorry to hear your first year didn't meet your expectations, NUS can help make you aware of your rights and can help support you with any complaints and appeals. You may find this link helpful
Aluri
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by UniversityOfSunderland)
Sorry to hear your first year didn't meet your expectations, NUS can help make you aware of your rights and can help support you with any complaints and appeals. You may find this link helpful
Hi, thanks for your time. I have looked at this and am still lost on my rights regarding my specific case. The website for NUS says that they do not assist students with specific cases if I read correctly.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aluri)

Thanks
Is it Marjon by any chance?

If you contact your university admin, they should direct you to the right person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads