emileeeei
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to figure out whether I am more likely to get into Glasgow or Edinburgh for economics. My GCSEs were 99999999988 and my a level predicted grades are A*A*A*A*. I just want to know the likelihood of receiving an offer to either as a home fee status applicant and which is more competitive for economics specifically. Glasgow has slightly lower entry requirements and is higher on league tables for economics but lower in general. Thanks in advance for any help!
kattarina
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emileeeei)
Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to figure out whether I am more likely to get into Glasgow or Edinburgh for economics. My GCSEs were 99999999988 and my a level predicted grades are A*A*A*A*. I just want to know the likelihood of receiving an offer to either as a home fee status applicant and which is more competitive for economics specifically. Glasgow has slightly lower entry requirements and is higher on league tables for economics but lower in general. Thanks in advance for any help!
Bruh with A*A*A*A* you'll get an offer from anywhere lmao
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
check the acceptance rate
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subjects do you do & where else are you applying? x
Glasgow has a higher offer rate
emileeeei
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
What subjects do you do & where else are you applying? x
Glasgow has a higher offer rate
im doing economics, maths, further maths and philosophy - my top choice is st andrews, but ive also applied to oxford, durham and Warwick (ive got an offer back from Durham) x
i think the higher offer rate is down to being lower in league tables in general, but I'm wondering how that applied for econ as Glasgow are ranked crazily high for it hahah
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emileeeei)
im doing economics, maths, further maths and philosophy - my top choice is st andrews, but ive also applied to oxford, durham and Warwick (ive got an offer back from Durham) x
i think the higher offer rate is down to being lower in league tables in general, but I'm wondering how that applied for econ as Glasgow are ranked crazily high for it hahah
Oo nice, which course did you apply for at Oxford?
I’ve applied for Economics at Warwick too x
Congrats on your offer! Durham is a great university.
and true.. though personally I’d go for edinburgh but it’s really up to you!
emileeeei
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
Oo nice, which course did you apply for at Oxford?
I’ve applied for Economics at Warwick too x
Congrats on your offer! Durham is a great university.
and true.. though personally I’d go for edinburgh but it’s really up to you!
ive applied for economics and management but I'm not really a fan of management! it takes the pressure of at least hahaha
ooh nice! where else have you applied? and thank you whether i take the offer or not really depends on the college which is annoying since its so randomised (and if i manage to get into st andrews ofc hahah)
Im really looking for a back up university in Scotland if i dont get into st andrews, so I'm trying to figure out which is less competitive for my course since i dont really have a huge preference atm... I'm angling towards glasgow tho hahah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (127)
28.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.89%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (59)
13.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed