unknown2008
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Spoiler:
Show

I'm really struggling in all subjects and I just finished my assessments but I didn't do well also all my siblings got their reports back and they did really good however I'm getting mine on Monday and it's going to be horrible I'm scared that my parents will get really mad at me. I've tried so hard to revise but I never get good grades ive beleved in myself for soo long but now im done trying :ashamed::bawling:

peralta04
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown2008)
Spoiler:
Show

I'm really struggling in all subjects and I just finished my assessments but I didn't do well also all my siblings got their reports back and they did really good however I'm getting mine on Monday and it's going to be horrible I'm scared that my parents will get really mad at me. I've tried so hard to revise but I never get good grades ive beleved in myself for soo long but now im done trying :ashamed::bawling:
don’t worry at all I’m sure they would know u tried the hardest remember grades rn aren’t the end all it shows what you should work on. Maybe your revision methods aren’t working for you I always find watching videos on YouTube helpful like free science lessons and mr bruff hope it improves u can pm if struggling lots x
emma963
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please try not to panic,
You say that you have not received your report, this means that you may not have failed.
Try to remember that everyone is different. You and your siblings are likely at very different points academically so try not to compare yourself with them.
Also, you likely have time to turn your grades around

I would recommend looking at what you are currently doing and ask yourself
“Is it enough”
“Could I be doing something differently”

Try to make a plan of where you need to improve, it is likely that you think your situation is worse than it actually is
Hope this helps
schoolwhiz20202
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey now, remember we are only a month or 2 in! This is only the first term/semester! Don't be so pessimistic already haha.

You need to ask yourself, did you study properly for you to receive good grades? Or did you not study enough and you JUST want a good grade to impress your parents?

Maybe next time, if you actually want good grades, change the way you're studying maybe that needs improving. For me personally i always struggled finding a way to study properly (i still do lol) but if you look on youtube there's hundreds of videos on there to help you! Try flashcards, making and condensing notes, even typing up you're notes if you prefer. Remember, it's about how MUCH you revise and how EFFECTIVE it is, not just making notes in class and never going back to them.

Good luck in the future exams, also if i can ask, what subjects you doing and what level?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads