slopegrub
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a student currently on an art and design foundation year who doesn't know what to do at university, I want a creative course but I want to utilize my academic skills too, in my A levels I achieved A* in art, B in maths and a B in chemistry. I think it would be a waste to not use my academic side at university, but above all, I want to be an artist (mostly a painter), I'm interested in cinema, painting, collage, graphic design, and visual effects. I'd like to study in a city. what courses exist that respect the student's intelligence and give a moderately good qualification for a future career? thanks for any responses!
username5492430
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) has a great art and design faculty! I'm currently a second year student studying graphic design at this university and cannot express how great the staff and faculty is. Also a bonus as Machester's city centre is absolutely amazing!
insidedesigner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by slopegrub)
I'm a student currently on an art and design foundation year who doesn't know what to do at university, I want a creative course but I want to utilize my academic skills too, in my A levels I achieved A* in art, B in maths and a B in chemistry. I think it would be a waste to not use my academic side at university, but above all, I want to be an artist (mostly a painter), I'm interested in cinema, painting, collage, graphic design, and visual effects. I'd like to study in a city. what courses exist that respect the student's intelligence and give a moderately good qualification for a future career? thanks for any responses!
A good Fine Art degree would allow you to explore all those areas. If you wanted something more design based, so more of a problem solving activity rather than self expression, the BA Design at Goldsmiths might be worth a look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise