The Student Room Group

What to do if you get ghosted

So I had been talking to this guy for a couple months. He was super sweet and adventurous. He lived in Canada and I'm in the UK so it's a little tricky, but I really liked him and he seemed to like me too. He's a bit older but in a hot way. We were talking every night for the entire time and then suddenly he just dropped off the face of the earth. He never explained why, he just stopped replying to my messages. I know I can be a bit needy but he didn't seem to mind before and he was super sweet too. I don't get what happened and I miss him pretty bad. Is there any way I can get him back or should I just drop it and move on? Thoughts?
A lot depends on the type of relationship you had tbh.
But really, time.

Time heals means, with time you learn to accept and move on. So during this time you will feel sad or angry or lots of other emotions and you just have to deal with them or distract yourself.
You move on. That’s what you do.
..Start practicing your ghost noises I guess 👻 this is your life now 👻

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l2YWzxHmZ2w2sDtu0/giphy.gif
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So I had been talking to this guy for a couple months. He was super sweet and adventurous. He lived in Canada and I'm in the UK so it's a little tricky, but I really liked him and he seemed to like me too. He's a bit older but in a hot way. We were talking every night for the entire time and then suddenly he just dropped off the face of the earth. He never explained why, he just stopped replying to my messages. I know I can be a bit needy but he didn't seem to mind before and he was super sweet too. I don't get what happened and I miss him pretty bad. Is there any way I can get him back or should I just drop it and move on? Thoughts?

Here we go...
Call ghost busters
Original post by tashkent46
Call ghost busters

I hate you I was just about to post that >:"(
Return the favour but go bigger and better. :smug:
Original post by Synergy~
I hate you I was just about to post that >:"(

Spooky
Plenty more fish in the sea.
Move on and chat with other guys.
He probably met someone else he preferred chatting to, got bored or decided to focus on his offline life.
That's the nature of most online friendships and relationships- very brief shelf life, limited offline verbal interaction, little/no physical meetings and contact often ends suddenly.
Original post by tashkent46
Spooky

Witty :colonhash:
Original post by Rufus the red
Return the favour but go bigger and better. :smug:

You cant. You can't one up someone who has blocked you....they cant see what you're doing 😂 where do u get satisfaction?? Lol for me getting blocked is like getting friended. They both mean nothing but also make me smile 😂👌
You forget about them and move on.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
You cant. You can't one up someone who has blocked you....they cant see what you're doing 😂 where do u get satisfaction?? Lol for me getting blocked is like getting friended. They both mean nothing but also make me smile 😂👌

You bribe legal officials and get a restraining order on them. :smug:
Original post by londonmyst
That's the nature of most online friendships and relationships- very brief shelf life, limited offline verbal interaction, little/no physical meetings and contact often ends suddenly.

That is so true. The effort invested into online rels is so disproportionate to the irl reward coz they r so ephemeral and lack the social cues and conduct regulations as well as investment required irl. Easy come, easy go...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending