helpmeplease227
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im considering taking economics as an a-level along with maths bio and chem.
Is economics an a-level thats worthwhile, would any of you recommend it?
thank youuuuuuuuu
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Taking 4 A-levels, unless two are maths and FM, is generally not worthwhile or something that can be recommended generally. It is a huge amount of work, particularly as economics will have a somewhat different style of working than your other subjects (being more essay oriented, albeit still analytical and somewhat quantitative), and there is no real benefit in this case.

Universities do not give "bonus points" to applicants taking more than the usually required 3 A-levels, and doing 4 runs the risk of stretching yourself too thinly and getting more mediocre results across them. Universities have time and again indicated that they much prefer a strong performance in 3 A-levels compared to a more average performance across 4; quality over quantity. A*AA is much better than A*ABB as far as most universities are concerned.
Jmoore12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do those subjects apart from maths and would probably reccomend dropping one. Chem gets really hard and bio is a fair bit of work too. Econ is piss easy. Dk abt maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (213)
56.65%
I don't have everything I need (163)
43.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed