Does this count as plagiarism on personal statement

Watch
ZS159
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just finished my personal statement and I was looking at others to see how mine compares to example ones. I have seen some students from previous years who have included the same ideas as me but expressed differently, some are shockingly close but are still worded different. Should I change my personal statement, I don’t want to be flagged for plagiarism
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZS159)
I just finished my personal statement and I was looking at others to see how mine compares to example ones. I have seen some students from previous years who have included the same ideas as me but expressed differently, some are shockingly close but are still worded different. Should I change my personal statement, I don’t want to be flagged for plagiarism
Hi ZS159,

It's okay to have similar ideas to other people. I think as long as you came to those ideas on your own and worded them without copying anyone else you'll be fine. There's bound to be similarities as so many people apply to universities each year

Lucy
ZS159
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hi ZS159,

It's okay to have similar ideas to other people. I think as long as you came to those ideas on your own and worded them without copying anyone else you'll be fine. There's bound to be similarities as so many people apply to universities each year

Lucy
Thank you for the reassurance I think I overthought it too much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (249)
57.24%
I don't have everything I need (186)
42.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed