What do you think of I’m A Celebrity?

Watch
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve always had a bit of an issue with ‘I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here’ because of the animal welfare side of things (plus I just think it’s boring honestly), but I appear to be seeing more opposition this year. There was just a news bit with Chris Packham talking about concerns over the Welsh ecosystem for instance.

What does everyone else think? Do you have any moral issues? Do you think it’s dull? Or do you just think it’s a good TV show?
iFlops
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the entertainment value really depends on the people in the jungle (or castle) eg. the year with Lady c and all that drama was tv gold imo.
The bunch this year has been either boring or annoying, with a couple of exceptions. In terms of the moral argument, I understand why there'd be opposition and I hadn't considered those issues for a long time...but I think they're trying to improve, what with the not eating live bugs now. It's a step in the right direction, although it's fair to say they should have stopped that a long time ago.
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by iFlops)
I think the entertainment value really depends on the people in the jungle (or castle) eg. the year with Lady c and all that drama was tv gold imo.
The bunch this year has been either boring or annoying, with a couple of exceptions. In terms of the moral argument, I understand why there'd be opposition and I hadn't considered those issues for a long time...but I think they're trying to improve, what with the not eating live bugs now. It's a step in the right direction, although it's fair to say they should have stopped that a long time ago.
You make a fair point. I remember watching when Lady C was on and I did enjoy it, but I think I was in primary school still (can’t have been far off in any case). As soon as I was old enough to consider the animals I was too uncomfortable to really watch it I think, but I struggle to even engage with the camp scenes.

It’s definitely a good step, but apparently there’s concern with introducing Australian insects to the Welsh environment, as it could cause many problems with the ecosystem there. I just don’t think it’s worth it personally. You’re right that not eating live bugs and stuff is progress though.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was never my favourite show- but was watchable.
But I just don't think it's the same this year.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
I love it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise