College Application-Personal Statement

Watch
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For my college application, I had to write something about my general interests. I want to study french, german and history at A-Level, so I tried to link it to that. Does anyone mind offering me feedback on what I've got so far?

I am very intrigued by current affairs and politics and like to keep up to date with current political issues around the world. I also like to read fiction, specifically around the themes of social issues and history. For example, some of my favourite books are The Hate U Give and The Tattooist of Auschwitz.
I like to develop my French and German skills outside of school. I watch lots of movies and tv shows (with subtitles) in both languages, such as 'Die Welle' and 'Les Choristes'. I also like to listen to the news in SlowGerman and SlowFrench. I like these because I get to develop a greater cultural awareness through the medium of my target languages.

What do you guys think? any help would be hugely appreciated
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by average_human)
For my college application, I had to write something about my general interests. I want to study french, german and history at A-Level, so I tried to link it to that. Does anyone mind offering me feedback on what I've got so far?

I am very intrigued by current affairs and politics and like to keep up to date with current political issues around the world. I also like to read fiction, specifically around the themes of social issues and history. For example, some of my favourite books are The Hate U Give and The Tattooist of Auschwitz.
I like to develop my French and German skills outside of school. I watch lots of movies and tv shows (with subtitles) in both languages, such as 'Die Welle' and 'Les Choristes'. I also like to listen to the news in SlowGerman and SlowFrench. I like these because I get to develop a greater cultural awareness through the medium of my target languages.

What do you guys think? any help would be hugely appreciated
I am very intrigued by current affairs WHICH AFFAIRS WHY

keep up to date with current political issues around the world WHICH ISSUES WHY

I also like to read fiction, specifically around the themes of social issues and history WHICH ISSUES WHY

I also like to listen to the news in SlowGerman and SlowFrench. I like these because I get to develop a greater cultural awareness REALLY IN WHAT WAY EXACTLY.

Surely a personal statement is a student's chance to show that they have a brain and that it works intellectually. That they might be able to cope with the course requirements and possibly, perhaps, have something to offer.

How would your list of 'likes' make you stand out?

Colleges are academic things - demonstrate you have a mind and can use it in your personal statement maybe you'll get an offer.
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Grizwuld)
I am very intrigued by current affairs WHICH AFFAIRS WHY

keep up to date with current political issues around the world WHICH ISSUES WHY

I also like to read fiction, specifically around the themes of social issues and history WHICH ISSUES WHY

I also like to listen to the news in SlowGerman and SlowFrench. I like these because I get to develop a greater cultural awareness REALLY IN WHAT WAY EXACTLY.

Surely a personal statement is a student's chance to show that they have a brain and that it works intellectually. That they might be able to cope with the course requirements and possibly, perhaps, have something to offer.

How would your list of 'likes' make you stand out?

Colleges are academic things - demonstrate you have a mind and can use it in your personal statement maybe you'll get an offer.
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed