unknown2008
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, i have the worst teacher for mathematics. Ive literally done so bad in my first 3 exams. I really need to self teach myself but i cant find time for it as i also do bio chem and epq. Please help and give me advice. What do you think i should do? Like do you think i should do revision for maths everyday?
Please helpp. I never got a bad result for maths in gcses as my teacher was good. The teachers arent letting me to change classes in maths. Do u think i should ask my parents to talk to them. Thankyouuuu guys for listening.
milliebaudot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown2008)
Hey guys, i have the worst teacher for mathematics. Ive literally done so bad in my first 3 exams. I really need to self teach myself but i cant find time for it as i also do bio chem and epq. Please help and give me advice. What do you think i should do? Like do you think i should do revision for maths everyday?
Please helpp. I never got a bad result for maths in gcses as my teacher was good. The teachers arent letting me to change classes in maths. Do u think i should ask my parents to talk to them. Thankyouuuu guys for listening.
I understand your issue, my maths teacher isn't great either. I've considered getting a tutor so maybe think about that? Also just try and use online resources and do as much practice out of lessons as possible - I don't know what exam board you're doing but I'm pretty sure OCR past papers can be found online, as well as websites like hegarty maths and Corbett maths. Hope this helps a bit!

and yeah maybe get one of your parents to email your head of year or head of maths
Last edited by milliebaudot; 1 month ago
dailyCrocodiles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown2008)
Hi, weve all been there with a *****y teacher and that really sucks for alevel especially. If your school runs drop in sessions after school that you can go to they can be really helpful. Obviously one of the best ways to get better at maths would be to hire a tutor but that can be really expensive so websites like Khan acadamy can be really helpful substitutes.

Good luck
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm really sorry that you had to start of the course this way, that's not the best situation. Talking to your parents about it and getting them to contact the school might be a good idea. In the meantime, there is a really useful site called Khan Academy, which explains the topics and goes through examples to better your understanding. You can also use Seneca to build up your knowledge a little bit more, however their maths courses are not all that in depth.

I'm in my second year of biology and maths A level, so if you need any help on either of those, feel free to PM me. i already tutor a couple of year 11 and 12 students on here, so would be happy to do the same for you.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed