The Student Room Group

Is it weird to have a downstairs bedroom

I have it and people think its weird and no one else in my family would take the downstairs room. I don't have a problem but I really don't like getting judged about and stuff. I charge my car up through window into the mains so I like it for that purpose and if I didn't have the downstairs room I would have had to but the manufacturer wall charger which expensive. When I bring friends round and we go to my room they probably are expecting it to be downstairs and that but its not.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think that’s so cool and it means you’re closer to the kitchen... I don’t see any problem with that
Reply 2
Original post by E_Marty
I think that’s so cool and it means you’re closer to the kitchen... I don’t see any problem with that

Yes
I would not want that because of noise from outside being greater, but nothing wrong with it.
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
I would not want that because of noise from outside being greater, but nothing wrong with it.

Would it not be the same in a upper bedroom?
Original post by Anonymous
I have it and people think its weird and no one else in my family would take the downstairs room. I don't have a problem but I really don't like getting judged about and stuff. I charge my car up through window into the mains so I like it for that purpose and if I didn't have the downstairs room I would have had to but the manufacturer wall charger which expensive. When I bring friends round and we go to my room they probably are expecting it to be downstairs and that but its not.

It's only weird cuh the norm is a bedroom upstairs that's about it.. I'd be more worried about someone sneaking in through the window at night and stealing my plumbs rather than getting judged about the location of my bedroom.
Reply 6
Original post by PlumbOnce
It's only weird cuh the norm is a bedroom upstairs that's about it.. I'd be more worried about someone sneaking in through the window at night and stealing my plumbs rather than getting judged about the location of my bedroom.

Reported
Would it not be the same in a upper bedroom?

No given the way sounds travel. When I travel and stay in a hotel, I ask for an upper floor for that reason, so it is quieter at night when I want to sleep.
Reply 8
Original post by barnetlad
No given the way sounds travel. When I travel and stay in a hotel, I ask for an upper floor for that reason, so it is quieter at night when I want to sleep.

Its easier getting bigger stuff in like parcels
I used to be an adventurer like you,but then I took an arrow in the knee.
I used to be an adventurer like you,but then I took an arrow in the knee.

Age?
Not weird. :smile:
I've lived in houseshares where my bedroom was downstairs, upstairs, in the loft and once an illegally converted garage.
Downstairs bedrooms are more common than you think.
And tbh-no one that goes to their friends house is judging Where their bedroom is or if they have to go up stairs to get there or not.
Original post by PlumbOnce

😂😂
Original post by GabiAbi84
Downstairs bedrooms are more common than you think.
And tbh-no one that goes to their friends house is judging Where their bedroom is or if they have to go up stairs to get there or not.

Yeah, I think David Platts mum has the garage room
Original post by londonmyst
Not weird. :smile:
I've lived in houseshares where my bedroom was downstairs, upstairs, in the loft and once an illegally converted garage.

Did you like the bedroom downstairs?
I dont get the issue. What does it matter what floor the bedroom is on?

Lots of houses have bedrooms on the ground floor and bungalows have all there bedrooms on the ground floor. I've also lived in house with bedrooms in the basement.
Reply 17
I know many people with downstairs bedrooms. Not weird.
Did you like the bedroom downstairs?

Yes.
No, my friend used to have a down stairs room and she slept on a separate bed but shared a room with her parents. I actually won’t mind having a downstairs room as long as I don’t share with anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest