How to approach a guy you like

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have never been in a relationship of any sort and apart from a few failed talking stages have no experience in this area. I have of course liked guys in the past but have never really done anything about it apart from one time when I admitted my feelings but got rejected.
There is a guy whom I have recently met who seems nice - I'm certaintly not head over heels but even so it seems like we have a lot in common and I'd like to be friends even if not anything more. How do I go about this? I always seem to mess things up by getting nervous/ on edge/ become distant for fears that they will notice I am attracted to them - as you can see i am quite immature/ self conscious and would like to change things. Thanks
ishmalareej
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
be yourself, take things slow and steady, just talk to him , tell him insecurities and self consciousness, hell then know where to be careful and at the same time let/ make him feel loved, don't leave on read or reply late (if you do tell him it was a mistake or you don't check your phone often?), don't be someone you think he wants. stay yourself. don't overthink anything. tell him what your thinking most of the time and ask him for his thoughts. first do things you have in common together to build chemistry and understanding and comfort
hope that helps x
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there
You are not immature.
You are just self concious and afraid.
If you are afraid that they might know you like them, just start with being friends. You could just start to try to talk with them from time to time.
After that, why not asking for their phone number, so that you could chat together and try to know each other better.
You never know, maybe while chatting with them you might realise that you are not that attracted to them.
Summerneive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You walk with your feet and say “hey what’s up?” 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (68)
17.99%
No one else does (120)
31.75%
I'm embarrassed about my background (40)
10.58%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (128)
33.86%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.59%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.85%

Watched Threads