Im feeling very insecure ab my body

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Its because I've recently gotten out of a toxic relationship. My ex used to always compare my body, and tell me that he'd rather I have thick thighs bigger boobs and etc.. So I started comparing myself a lot. I just cant help it. I used to be very confident of my looks, but now whenever I see anyone I just compare myself to them, and I don't even realize it. What do I do? I feel like I need someones opinion.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you healthy, reasonably happy with your appearance or wanting to change your body shape?
Your ex's opinion is irrelevant, it is what you want that matters.
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Are you healthy, reasonably happy with your appearance or wanting to change your body shape?
Prsom.
ellasimmons24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your ex boyfriend should not have brought you down. A partner should love you for who you are and only bring you up. What he said should not encourage you to compare yourself!

As long as you are healthy and happy then that is what matters x

I edited this because I did not read that he was your ex but I'm glad he is your ex and not your current partner!!
Last edited by ellasimmons24; 1 month ago
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your ex is in the past and I'm sure it's difficult to move forward after comments like that, but try to just focus on yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror and try to love yourself more; avoid social media if that has also played a part in your growing insecurities.

Like others have said, if you feel content then that's all that matters. I'm sure you're just fine
ruru06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this makes me so sad its a good thing that you left your ex and his toxic views. Focus on yourself and work on your inner self as that is the true beauty. Everytime you think something negative say 3 different positives about yourself and learn to love your insecurities. If you ever need someone to talk to pm me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
I don't know if I'm healthy or happy with how I look right now. Which is why I have this need to just ask someone if how I look is good. If I could post some pics here I would.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jellybellyb)
Prsom.
I'm sorry..I dont follow?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ellasimmons24)
Your ex boyfriend should not have brought you down. A partner should love you for who you are and only bring you up. What he said should not encourage you to compare yourself!

As long as you are healthy and happy then that is what matters x

I edited this because I did not read that he was your ex but I'm glad he is your ex and not your current partner!!
Yeh I know, the whole rs was doomed from the beginning. Thank you! I'm trying not to compare myself. I hate comparing myself....I'm hoping by time I start loving my body..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TJ1997)
Your ex is in the past and I'm sure it's difficult to move forward after comments like that, but try to just focus on yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror and try to love yourself more; avoid social media if that has also played a part in your growing insecurities.

Like others have said, if you feel content then that's all that matters. I'm sure you're just fine
I cant love myself. I feel like I have to have someone to tell me otherwise...yk a stranger bc they'll be brutal. I want to know if my body is acc unhealthy, and if its acc ugly..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ruru06)
this makes me so sad its a good thing that you left your ex and his toxic views. Focus on yourself and work on your inner self as that is the true beauty. Everytime you think something negative say 3 different positives about yourself and learn to love your insecurities. If you ever need someone to talk to pm me
Yeh im working on myself <3 and I'm so glad I left him too, our rs was ver toxic. Alright noted, I'll try doing that next time i feel bad ab myself!
ruru06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeh im working on myself <3 and I'm so glad I left him too, our rs was ver toxic. Alright noted, I'll try doing that next time i feel bad ab myself!
why do you feel bad about yourself and can relate abt the toxic relationship thing lmaoo
ellasimmons24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeh I know, the whole rs was doomed from the beginning. Thank you! I'm trying not to compare myself. I hate comparing myself....I'm hoping by time I start loving my body..
Exactly! There's that saying that comparison is the thief of joy! Also it helps to put things into perspectives that if you try and change things then you will never truly be happy because you are not happy about yourself from within if that makes sense.
It's great that you are trying! Keep going x
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know if I'm healthy or happy with how I look right now. Which is why I have this need to just ask someone if how I look is good. If I could post some pics here I would.
You can upload pics that don't include your face, name or any links to your social media accounts.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like your ex was trying to make you feel insecure so that he could control you. Work on building up your self-esteem again and don’t allow that toxic bleep to live inside your head from now on. You’re perfect the way you are.
darius_tanz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous)
its because i've recently gotten out of a toxic relationship. My ex used to always compare my body, and tell me that he'd rather i have thick thighs bigger boobs and etc.. So i started comparing myself a lot. I just cant help it. I used to be very confident of my looks, but now whenever i see anyone i just compare myself to them, and i don't even realize it. What do i do? I feel like i need someones opinion.
ur a beauty queennnnnnnn. Eff everyone else --- be who you are - coz i like it better
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re probably very beautiful but even if you’re ugly you got to remember that every human being will die eventually, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do exercise or eat healthy, but it does mean that you shouldn’t be so worried and compare yourself to other mortal beings.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Y does any person ever tolerate negging of their body parts by anyone with whom they r in a supposed "rel"?!

It is so incredibly immature and insecure. I don't engage in a rel with any person who makes such targeted and hurtful comments. We all have things we like and don't like and that's life and we don't need this undermining toxicity injected into daily life by s'one who is supposed to be loving and supporting.

I am gonna be blunt... if dude says ur boobs r too X (doesn't matter, small, big, dark watever) I'm like yeah dude so how dumb does that make u, that u can see that's how I am but u claim to want a rel.... with someone who isn't suitable for u like mee.....ok so go find the one who is... byeeee.... [block, ghost, delete].... and no, don't come back and plead u didn't mean it, wasn't so serious etc. I am not ur learning ground for how to deal with ppl and I won't help u overcome at least a decade of underdevelopment in ur emotions and respect when u have no empathy.....:mad:

Yeah I must be grumpy this morning... this rlly is why I can't do guys under 30, at the least....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by candydiva)
Y does any person ever tolerate negging of their body parts by anyone with whom they r in a supposed "rel"?!

It is so incredibly immature and insecure. I don't engage in a rel with any person who makes such targeted and hurtful comments. We all have things we like and don't like and that's life and we don't need this undermining toxicity injected into daily life by s'one who is supposed to be loving and supporting.

I am gonna be blunt... if dude says ur boobs r too X (doesn't matter, small, big, dark watever) I'm like yeah dude so how dumb does that make u, that u can see that's how I am but u claim to want a rel.... with someone who isn't suitable for u like mee.....ok so go find the one who is... byeeee.... [block, ghost, delete].... and no, don't come back and plead u didn't mean it, wasn't so serious etc. I am not ur learning ground for how to deal with ppl and I won't help u overcome at least a decade of underdevelopment in ur emotions and respect when u have no empathy.....:mad:

Yeah I must be grumpy this morning... this rlly is why I can't do guys under 30, at the least....
Thank you! Dont worry about it. I think I'm over it now. Yesterday, I just saw some stuff that brought up past memories, and I guess it triggered my insecurities. But now I feel sm better <3
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
You’re probably very beautiful but even if you’re ugly you got to remember that every human being will die eventually, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do exercise or eat healthy, but it does mean that you shouldn’t be so worried and compare yourself to other mortal beings.
Awww thank you <3 Yeh I'm over it. I just had a bad day yesterday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (309)
55.78%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed