ibr82
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Also what are the ways to become one and is it a good career?
Last edited by ibr82; 1 month ago
Moments
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We work closely with Architects, MEP engineers, Civils, Quantity surveyors, Project managers and main contractors to build the structure of a building.

You will be scheming options based on the architect's layouts and making sure the building is designed to code while being as cost-effective as possible.

Depending on the contract you'll co-ordinate and manage other consultants such as geotechnical engineers and MEP.

The way to become one is to get an accredited degree in structural/civil engineering and join a company, the career is fantastic if you like building things and solving problems. It is relatively well paid in London, however don't expect a magic circle law firm salary.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is a type of civil engineering. You need to get a masters (4 years at university) in civil engineering. It is mainly about designing steel and concrete beams, columns in buildings and bridges. I have not graduated yet, but I can tell you it’s not boring and the salary is above the average for a university graduate as is the case with nearly all of engineering.
Anon1900
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are geotechnical engineers/engineering geologists well paid?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (251)
57.18%
I don't have everything I need (188)
42.82%

Watched Threads