Is it first come first served for ucas submitions ?

Watch
undodostres
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
???
username5405032
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Erm from what I know I don’t think it is first come first served as it’s mainly all based on your grades and personal statement. I think if you get it in earlier you may get an offer quite quickly but it’s not necessarily first come first served. I’m not sure if that makes sense lol sorry
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by undodostres)
???
No. For undergraduate courses with a guaranteed consideration date of 15th Jan, you are considered exactly the same as anyone else that applies before that date.

Uni’s are just making conditional offers currently, they are not filling up places.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above - no favouritism to early applicants.

Obviously fewer people apply earlier on so they might get faster decisions/offers.
If you apply after Christmas your application may get caught up in the January tidal wave so you might have to wait longer.
So - I'd suggest you apply asap, but it wont make any difference to whether or not you get an offer, just when.
Batteries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the university. If you apply earlier you hear back sooner from some of them, but others wait until the January deadline to start giving offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (50)
17.79%
No one else does (87)
30.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (30)
10.68%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (95)
33.81%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.14%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.14%

Watched Threads