tv1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,

I've got an offer to study Prosthetics and Orthotics in 2021 and want to get some clarity on what finance support I'm eligible for.

I already have an undergraduate degree. I know that for AHP degrees like P&O I can apply for a tuition fee loan even if it is a 2nd degree, but am I also able to apply for a maintenance loan?

Also, I will be over 25 when the course starts.
I'm unsure whether I'll be living with my parents or not.
If I lived with my parents would their income be taken into account or would I still be classed as an 'independent student'?

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tv1995)
Hi,

I've got an offer to study Prosthetics and Orthotics in 2021 and want to get some clarity on what finance support I'm eligible for.

I already have an undergraduate degree. I know that for AHP degrees like P&O I can apply for a tuition fee loan even if it is a 2nd degree, but am I also able to apply for a maintenance loan?

Also, I will be over 25 when the course starts.
I'm unsure whether I'll be living with my parents or not.
If I lived with my parents would their income be taken into account or would I still be classed as an 'independent student'?

Thanks
Hi,
For the 2019/20 and 2020/21 AY we will fund the following AHP courses;
• Chiropody
• Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
• Dietetics
• Dietetics and nutrition
• Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing and social work** (Dual honours)
• Occupational therapy
• Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
• Orthoptics
• Physiotherapy
• Podiatry
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Radiography
• Radiotherapy
• Speech and language therapy

Our 21/22 regulations have not been released yet so we don't know if this will be the same for next year.

If "Prosthetics and Orthotics" is still an exception course in the 21/22 academic year then your previous study won't affect your eligibility and you will be able to apply for full funding, including a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads