What are your University Choices? (Just curious)

Watch
Zainaba luul
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey
I’m studying Further maths, physics and maths at the moment.
Just sent of my application to study Physics at uni.
For anyone wondering, I’ve applied to Birmingham, Exeter, ucl, Kings college London and Southampton
My First choice would be either ucl or Exeter and my insurance would be Southampton.
( I’m saying that as if I’ve got an offer yet, which I haven’t, it hasn’t even been a full day since I sent it ).
Just wondering how the rest of us year 13s are doing and where we’re applying.
jb137
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zainaba luul)
Hey
I’m studying Further maths, physics and maths at the moment.
Just sent of my application to study Physics at uni.
For anyone wondering, I’ve applied to Birmingham, Exeter, ucl, Kings college London and Southampton
My First choice would be either ucl or Exeter and my insurance would be Southampton.
( I’m saying that as if I’ve got an offer yet, which I haven’t, it hasn’t even been a full day since I sent it ).
Just wondering how the rest of us year 13s are doing and where we’re applying.
Hi, I'm studying the same subjects! I'm applying to do engineering
Zainaba luul
Rep:
?
(Original post by jb137)
Hi, I'm studying the same subjects! I'm applying to do engineering
Really, guess we’re in the same boat then. Have you applied through ucas yet, and if yes, do you know where you want to go.
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I'm studying Maths, Further Maths, Econ, Chem + an EPQ. I applied for BSc Economics. (+ BA Economics at Cambridge)
I applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick & Bath.
Sadly, I've been rejected by Cambridge pre-interview, but have received offers from Warwick & Bath so far.
Fingers crossed for the London ones, as I'd love to go there.
Good luck with your application xx
Zainaba luul
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
Hi I'm studying Maths, Further Maths, Econ, Chem + an EPQ. I applied for BSc Economics. (+ BA Economics at Cambridge)
Sadly, I've been rejected by Cambridge pre-interview, but have received offers from Warwick & Bath so far.
CONGRATS🥳 on the offers. I live in London and I REALLY want to leave so that’s kind of ironic. I’ve lived here my whole life though so I can see why you want to come here. Good luck on getting into LSE and UCL (we might both end up going ucl so that’s kinda fun). I did a summer program at LSE the summer after year 11 and I honestly had the best time ever. If I ever wanted to go into economics or law (which I did at one point), LSE would 100% be my first choice.
jb137
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really, guess we’re in the same boat then. Have you applied through ucas yet, and if yes, do you know where you want to go.
Oh yeah forgot to say lol, I applied to Bristol, York, Cambridge, Sheffield and Warwick. I have no idea where I'd like to go 🤷
curiousperson123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
Congratulations on the Warwick and Bath offers x
FatYikes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm applying to study biochemistry at Imperial, Birmingham, Glasgow, Warwick and Southampton. I'm waiting for my sixth form college to process my application and I've been super anxious while waiting lol.
username5490826
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hiya!

I'm doing biology chemistry and Spanish and I'm applying to Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Edinburgh for medicine.

Good luck to everyone here!
Zainaba luul
Rep:
?
(Original post by tilly9876)
hiya!

I'm doing biology chemistry and Spanish and I'm applying to Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Edinburgh for medicine.

Good luck to everyone here!
Good luck to you too. Also which College did you apply for?
unbiasedatom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and I've applied to Manchester, Newcastle, Lancaster, Birmingham and Warwick all for Biomedical Sciences (Manchester and Warwick with a Year in Industry/Professional Placement). I got my offer for Newcastle the day after I sent my application, but I haven't heard from any of the others. Good luck to everyone!
username5490826
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck to you too. Also which College did you apply for?
magdalen - hopefully there'll be some decisions soon...
FatYikes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unbiasedatom)
Hi! I study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and I've applied to Manchester, Newcastle, Lancaster, Birmingham and Warwick all for Biomedical Sciences (Manchester and Warwick with a Year in Industry/Professional Placement). I got my offer for Newcastle the day after I sent my application, but I haven't heard from any of the others. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats on your Newcastle offer! Do you know which one you really want to go to yet?
Zainaba luul
Rep:
?
(Original post by FatYikes)
Hi! I'm applying to study biochemistry at Imperial, Birmingham, Glasgow, Warwick and Southampton. I'm waiting for my sixth form college to process my application and I've been super anxious while waiting lol.
It’s worse when you send it. TRUST MEEE. I check my email every five minutes. It’s exhausting. But also exciting. Like I just want an offer, even one would make my happy. Anyway wishing you luck and I hope you get into your top choices!!!
Zainaba luul
Rep:
?
(Original post by unbiasedatom)
Congrats on your offer. That was so fast aswell. Good luck for the rest of them!!
unbiasedatom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats on your Newcastle offer! Do you know which one you really want to go to yet?
Thank you! I'd like to go to Manchester if I get the offer.

I can sympathise with you about this! It took my college two and a half weeks to send mine off, it felt like it was going so slowly! It was such a good feeling when it finally got sent though, I hope it gets sent soon for you!
unbiasedatom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats on your offer. That was so fast aswell. Good luck for the rest of them!!
Thank you! Yeah I was really shocked, it was less than 24 hours after I sent my application! Hope your application goes well!
FatYikes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s worse when you send it. TRUST MEEE. I check my email every five minutes. It’s exhausting. But also exciting. Like I just want an offer, even one would make my happy. Anyway wishing you luck and I hope you get into your top choices!!!
Yeah I can imagine its worse, I'm really impatient too. Thank you though, I really want to go to Imperial but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as its super competitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads