sophiecottis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I’ve received an interview offer from Fitzwilliam for Veterinary Medicine and so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to prepare?

I’m aware that people can’t give any specific questions etc but any tips on how to prepare would be really appreciated!

Thanks very much 😊
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophiecottis)
Hi all,

I’ve received an interview offer from Fitzwilliam for Veterinary Medicine and so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to prepare?

I’m aware that people can’t give any specific questions etc but any tips on how to prepare would be really appreciated!

Thanks very much 😊
Repeat of my post elsewhere...
Be yourself and try and give answers that demonstrate your thought processes - like showing your working but out loud. That way if your final answer isn't quite right but you had some good ideas along the way then that will show. I can't tell you details but my daughter's interview at Clare last year actually asked a question that no one really knows the answer to - they just wanted to hear her to discuss possibilities based on her understanding of the science. It was the interview she enjoyed, Liverpool she coped with and Nottingham she didn't like at all.
sophiecottis
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Repeat of my post elsewhere...
Be yourself and try and give answers that demonstrate your thought processes - like showing your working but out loud. That way if your final answer isn't quite right but you had some good ideas along the way then that will show. I can't tell you details but my daughter's interview at Clare last year actually asked a question that no one really knows the answer to - they just wanted to hear her to discuss possibilities based on her understanding of the science. It was the interview she enjoyed, Liverpool she coped with and Nottingham she didn't like at all.
Thank you so much, that's really helpful
Vetgirl07
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a 1st at Cambridge doing vet med and had my interview last year. I found one of the best ways to prepare for the interview was to make sure my biology and chemistry knowledge was really sharp- the content is very science heavy and it helps massively to revise your a level content. They will appreciate that there are areas that you won’t have covered yet (I think I had to mention what topics I’d covered on my SAQ- not sure if that’s changed within the last year?) but they do expect you to have a good understanding of your a level content.

They will almost certainly ask you content on your personal statement so make sure you know it thoroughly. Anything you’ve mentioned, do further reading on and be prepared to be grilled on it!

Finally, show them how much you love your subject through your enthusiasm. Your interviewers are your potential supervisors who eat, sleep and breathe vet med and they’ll want to see that you love it as much as they do! The interviewers are surprisingly friendly and it ended up being my favourite interview.

Congratulations on your interview offer, I wish you all the best for the actual thing!
sophiecottis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vetgirl07)
I’m a 1st at Cambridge doing vet med and had my interview last year. I found one of the best ways to prepare for the interview was to make sure my biology and chemistry knowledge was really sharp- the content is very science heavy and it helps massively to revise your a level content. They will appreciate that there are areas that you won’t have covered yet (I think I had to mention what topics I’d covered on my SAQ- not sure if that’s changed within the last year?) but they do expect you to have a good understanding of your a level content.

They will almost certainly ask you content on your personal statement so make sure you know it thoroughly. Anything you’ve mentioned, do further reading on and be prepared to be grilled on it!

Finally, show them how much you love your subject through your enthusiasm. Your interviewers are your potential supervisors who eat, sleep and breathe vet med and they’ll want to see that you love it as much as they do! The interviewers are surprisingly friendly and it ended up being my favourite interview.

Congratulations on your interview offer, I wish you all the best for the actual thing!
Thank you so much, that’s all brilliant advice! I was going to make sure I’m up to scratch on bio & chem A level content as well as pure maths, but wasn’t sure whether I should refresh on stats & mechanics? Don’t worry if you can’t say about this - just wasn’t sure if it would be necessary considering the subject 😊

Will learn my PS inside out 🤣 Thank you so much!
Vetgirl07
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophiecottis)
Thank you so much, that’s all brilliant advice! I was going to make sure I’m up to scratch on bio & chem A level content as well as pure maths, but wasn’t sure whether I should refresh on stats & mechanics? Don’t worry if you can’t say about this - just wasn’t sure if it would be necessary considering the subject 😊

Will learn my PS inside out 🤣 Thank you so much!
That’s no problem! I didn’t do A level maths so I’m not 100% sure what’s covered but I’d say there’s no harm in revising the topics but definitely don’t worry too much about them- they’re much more likely to ask questions on biology and chemistry. They might ask you to do a calculation so make sure you’re quick with rearranging equations and working out problems in your head, but overall I’d say don’t stress over the maths content too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.06%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads