Help finding the upper triangular of a matrix

Watch
Kelko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so this is the question and I know that column 1 row 2 and 3 both = -1 and column 2 row 2 and 3 it gives -1.17557 + 1.618j and 2.427 + 1.76335j respectively but I have no idea what to do anymore with those values. I know the method on how to do the question but just not with these exponentials any help would be great
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kelko)
so this is the question and I know that column 1 row 2 and 3 both = -1 and column 2 row 2 and 3 it gives -1.17557 + 1.618j and 2.427 + 1.76335j respectively but I have no idea what to do anymore with those values. I know the method on how to do the question but just not with these exponentials any help would be great
When you're dividing rows, I'd keep things in exponential form as it makes it sooo much easier.
When you divide, you subtract the indices. Just use the normal exponent rules and it's just the same as normal.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
DFranklin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mqb2766)
When you're dividing rows, I'd keep things in exponential form as it makes it sooo much easier.
When you divide, you subtract the indices. Just use the normal exponent rules and it's just the same as normal.
Incidentally, it wasn't obvious to me what "the upper triangular equivalent of a matrix" was, and googling "upper triangular equivalent of" (with the quotes) gives exactly one hit - to this question, on a "get your homework done" site. Not an accusation of the OP, but as a datapoint...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise