The Student Room Group

Work ethic

How can I develop a strong work ethic?
As much as I enjoy working and studying, as soon as I get home I get distracted and I literally can't do much work until night where I cram everything.
I've basically tried everything - hiding phone, full silence, pomodoro technique etc.
Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by jules1111
How can I develop a strong work ethic?
As much as I enjoy working and studying, as soon as I get home I get distracted and I literally can't do much work until night where I cram everything.
I've basically tried everything - hiding phone, full silence, pomodoro technique etc.
Any advice?

I always found that setting goals helped me, I'd tell myself I just need to do these questions then I can go and get a snack, or watch a short tv episode. I also covered my room in revision notes, and especially put them near my door, so I would say I can't leave the room until I've read these notes, covered them and tried to remember them etc. then switch them out every now and again. It's difficult but once you force yourself to do it you'll get into a routine. Hope you find something that works out for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by l.eah2
I always found that setting goals helped me, I'd tell myself I just need to do these questions then I can go and get a snack, or watch a short tv episode. I also covered my room in revision notes, and especially put them near my door, so I would say I can't leave the room until I've read these notes, covered them and tried to remember them etc. then switch them out every now and again. It's difficult but once you force yourself to do it you'll get into a routine. Hope you find something that works out for you :smile:

Oooh I’ll definitely try the sticking notes a bit everywhere, that sounds like a good idea.
How long did it take you to get into the routine?
I appreciate the help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending