l.eah2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Help! I've recently started a new job in clothing and i'm awful when i'm on the till because I can't fold clothes properly, even if my life depended on it. It's also impossible to put clothes in a bag without them becoming unfolded?! I just really need some tips, so if anyone reading this has worked in retail before I would really appreciate you're advice, I need all the help I can get!
Academia Master
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know this is not the answer that you are looking for but you are probably anxious. Calm down and work on your anxiety and everything will change to the better.
jduxie4414
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I work in retail too I feel that when I feel like I’m rushing or am anxious I’ll fold really quickly and it’ll go really badly😂 if you take a deep breath and have a nice conversation with the customer to show good customer service, you’ll be able to take your time to fold the clothes neatly and it won’t feel like you’re taking ages! They’ll appreciate the nicer folded clothes too

Personally I fold the sides in and then in half (along the fold lines that are faintly still there from where the clothes were packaged) hope this helps!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jduxie4414)
I work in retail too I feel that when I feel like I’m rushing or am anxious I’ll fold really quickly and it’ll go really badly😂 if you take a deep breath and have a nice conversation with the customer to show good customer service, you’ll be able to take your time to fold the clothes neatly and it won’t feel like you’re taking ages! They’ll appreciate the nicer folded clothes too

Personally I fold the sides in and then in half (along the fold lines that are faintly still there from where the clothes were packaged) hope this helps!
I agree
Johnsheppard99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't do it either. My trick was give it to the customer and then they'd generally fold it themselves, otherwise id have a go at some attempt at folding and hope for the best..
Even to this day everyone I know moans at me that I can't fold anything properly, but thankfully I don't need to bother much these days.
l.eah2
Rep:
?
(Original post by jduxie4414)

Thank you!! definitely getting the hang of it more now, it's just so stressful sometimes
l.eah2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Johnsheppard99)
I can't do it either. My trick was give it to the customer and then they'd generally fold it themselves, otherwise id have a go at some attempt at folding and hope for the best..
Even to this day everyone I know moans at me that I can't fold anything properly, but thankfully I don't need to bother much these days.
sometimes people take it off me and refold it in front of me, embarrassing but at least I don't have to do it haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads