Could I take one year of one course then transfer to a different course ?

Watch
jgiff7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
if I started a Psychology course at UWE for example and after the first year wanted to transfer to computer science at a different university, say Cardiff, could I do that and still get student finance for the first year of the psychology course and the three years of computer science course? Would their be any repercussions of doing one year of Psychology and applying for Computer Science in 2022 if I realised it wasn’t the course for me?

I’d really appreciate getting filled in on any possible repercussions of deciding to switch after one year, I’m stressing out majorly about this and I can’t decide so any input is really appreciated
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jgiff7)
if I started a Psychology course at UWE for example and after the first year wanted to transfer to computer science at a different university, say Cardiff, could I do that and still get student finance for the first year of the psychology course and the three years of computer science course? Would their be any repercussions of doing one year of Psychology and applying for Computer Science in 2022 if I realised it wasn’t the course for me?

I’d really appreciate getting filled in on any possible repercussions of deciding to switch after one year, I’m stressing out majorly about this and I can’t decide so any input is really appreciated
Hi, we can advise on the current 20/21 regulations. Our regulations can change each year so the information I give you now might not be accurate for in 2 years time.

Full time students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year. If you have no other previous study then the psychology would be your additional year so you could receive full funding for the computer science course.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (185)
58.54%
I don't have everything I need (131)
41.46%

Watched Threads