how to get more sleep?

Watch
a6thformerofsort
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've got a really bad habit of going to bed at 3-4 am every night - I try and work as soon as I get home, but I always end up doing proper work increasingly late, I never hand work in because I always do it so late, I sleep in class because I don't sleep at home etc. It's getting very frustrating and annoying, and my grades are sinking quickly. Is there anyone else who has got themselves out of a similar cycle, please tell me how lmao bcs all I want to do at this point is to do my hw and go to bed at ten, not much to ask of myself tbh
Last edited by a6thformerofsort; 1 month ago
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop procrastinating your work and go to bed at an earlier time. Set yourself alarms for all that you need to get done, including a bed time.
If you're finding yourself staying up on your phone, get a time blocker to lock you out at 9.
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 1 month ago
a6thformerofsort
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Stop procrastinating your work and go to bed at an earlier time. Set yourself alarms for all that you need to get done, including a bed time.
If you're finding yourself staying up on your phone, get a time blocker to lock you out at 9.
i've done all that, i wish it had helped
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a6thformerofsort)
i've done all that, i wish it had helped
So what are you staying up doing?
a6thformerofsort
Rep:
?
So what are you staying up doing?
trying to write essays, but staring into space or compulsively checking my emails
a6thformerofsort
Rep:
?
trying to write essays, but staring into space or compulsively checking my emails
or worrying about how i'm not sleeping. dumb, I know
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a site blocker and block your email account after x time ( 4pm maybe? ). Catch yourself and make sure you're aware when you stare off into space. Start working on essays at a better time like immediately when you come home from school.
a6thformerofsort
Rep:
?
Get a site blocker and block your email account after x time ( 4pm maybe? ). Catch yourself and make sure you're aware when you stare off into space. Start working on essays at a better time like immediately when you come home from school.
Do you know any good site blockers? I would love to do that but I'm scared I'll get anxious about my skl emails and take the site blocker away, or panic. I have started working on essays when I get home, but i do them in short chunks and procrastinate a lot - to the extent that I'll stop a timer to fidget or something. Do you have any tips for that? Sorry to bother you and thx for you help
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know any good site blockers? I would love to do that but I'm scared I'll get anxious about my skl emails and take the site blocker away, or panic. I have started working on essays when I get home, but i do them in short chunks and procrastinate a lot - to the extent that I'll stop a timer to fidget or something. Do you have any tips for that? Sorry to bother you and thx for you help
I use Block Site on chrome, its an absolute pain to block/unblock sites with it which is a good motivator to finish your work. It can be hard to not try to find ways around the block but it does in the end really come down to self control. As much as you may want to you need to tell yourself 'no'.
Theres nothing necessarily wrong with doing it in short chunks, breaks are needed. But rather than just fidgeting in the breaks why not get yourself something to eat or take a walk ( set yourself a timer too, ie not over 30 minutes or whatever amount of time ). Going back after the break it will be much easier to concentrate as you've been able to actually clear your mind, what should be the whole point of taking a break in the first place.
a6thformerofsort
Rep:
?
I use Block Site on chrome, its an absolute pain to block/unblock sites with it which is a good motivator to finish your work. It can be hard to not try to find ways around the block but it does in the end really come down to self control. As much as you may want to you need to tell yourself 'no'.
Theres nothing necessarily wrong with doing it in short chunks, breaks are needed. But rather than just fidgeting in the breaks why not get yourself something to eat or take a walk ( set yourself a timer too, ie not over 30 minutes or whatever amount of time ). Going back after the break it will be much easier to concentrate as you've been able to actually clear your mind, what should be the whole point of taking a break in the first place.
thank you
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've got a really bad habit of going to bed at 3-4 am every night - I try and work as soon as I get home, but I always end up doing proper work increasingly late, I never hand work in because I always do it so late, I sleep in class because I don't sleep at home etc. It's getting very frustrating and annoying, and my grades are sinking quickly. Is there anyone else who has got themselves out of a similar cycle, please tell me how lmao bcs all I want to do at this point is to do my hw and go to bed at ten, not much to ask of myself tbh
Limit the amount of time you look at screens, like phones, TVs, etc.
Exercise, the harder you exercise the more easier it will be to sleep
Create a timetable and stick to it, don't let anything distract you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads