arisamalao59
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise the literature component of the Latin A-Level Exams? I am okay with translating however I struggle to memorise some of the analysis I've made. does anyone have any advice on how to best combat this?
annabelle51
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Get blank copies of the text and practice identifying all the analysis points

2. Make flashcards: put the blank text on one side, then put the analysed version on the other side. Look at the blank side and use a whiteboard to write down all the points you think are there, then look at the annotated version and figure out what you missed. Highlight what you missed and then try again later.

2. Go through old translations that you have done, and try to analyse them in the same way - identify different techniques and try to analyse the content. This means that even if you blank in the exam, you will be able to find stuff to say
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use blank copies of the text for notes. Practice making up a list of points to consider etc as well. Write out stuff on blank flashcards. Key quotes, random ideas, practice questions anything that comes to your mind as you revise for the exam. Re read old translations and identify and analyse them. Highlight plainly what was missed etc. Type stuff up on a laptop. Copy out stuff in Latin. Practice orally answering exam questions in Latin too for speaking and listening practice. Learn important vocabulary off by heart you can use a plain notebook for this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (425)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise