The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Placement Allocation

I’m due to start my course in April.
Does anyone know what ‘you’ve been allocated to SW’ for placement in Mental Health Nursing means. Trying to work out what SW is. This is for University of Wolverhampton. Thanks in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I've had a look at the Universiry of Wolverhampton's website to see if there's any clues. Each university is affiliated with certain NHS hospital/community trusts, this is where they send student nurses on placement. Wolverhampton actually state on their website which trusts student nurses have placements at - the only one with those initials is Sandwell and West Birmingham hospital trust, although that's listed for adult and children's nursing but not MH. I'd suggest you get in contact with the uni and ask!
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
I've had a look at the Universiry of Wolverhampton's website to see if there's any clues. Each university is affiliated with certain NHS hospital/community trusts, this is where they send student nurses on placement. Wolverhampton actually state on their website which trusts student nurses have placements at - the only one with those initials is Sandwell and West Birmingham hospital trust, although that's listed for adult and children's nursing but not MH. I'd suggest you get in contact with the uni and ask!

Okay that does make sense doesn’t it tbf. However they did accept that my preferred placement catchment area would fall under Black Country Healthcare, so I have no idea! Will defo contact them and see what they say - thank you anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending