College ruining my mental health

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Its causing me to lose sleep often and there has been several times where staff or other kids have been put me down. Im thinking of quitting college to focus on something im more passionate about but im not going to share it because people will judge me. I just really can't stand college there's been days where I just have been so down, anxious or depressed because of college.

I'm losing sleep a lot, something happened with another student so I took about a week off and that was the best week I have had for my happiness and I barley felt depressed through that period until I came back to college. This shows college is causing all this. I have had lack of motivation with going which I dont know if its to do with mental health either I havent been motivated at all for college. This has taken a lot of courage to post this because last time I spoke about this I didn't get the best outcome from other users so I'm not going to say what I would be quitting college for because I think people were judging because of that. Im hoping for better responses here.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Just reposting the same thing in a slightly different way is unlikely to get you very different responses to all the other threads
burntcherrio
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Its causing me to lose sleep often and there has been several times where staff or other kids have been put me down. Im thinking of quitting college to focus on something im more passionate about but im not going to share it because people will judge me. I just really can't stand college there's been days where I just have been so down, anxious or depressed because of college.

I'm losing sleep a lot, something happened with another student so I took about a week off and that was the best week I have had for my happiness and I barley felt depressed through that period until I came back to college. This shows college is causing all this. I have had lack of motivation with going which I dont know if its to do with mental health either I havent been motivated at all for college. This has taken a lot of courage to post this because last time I spoke about this I didn't get the best outcome from other users so I'm not going to say what I would be quitting college for because I think people were judging because of that. Im hoping for better responses here.
perhaps it isnt an issue with college its self and maybe its your particular one? quitting seems kinda drastic perhaps consider swapping to another one first? the thing with the college route is that it has the highest probability of success, so if you gonna switch to this other thing it better have a high probability of success or else its gonna be a big gamble and you might end up in an even worse off situation. that being said its prob better to face ur problems rather than run from them (by quitting ), cos that's just life everyone has to stand up at some point and quitting would just make it seem like they win?, if its only the ppl there that r the issue u can always do it on your own. it does sound kinda sketch tho if your afraid to be judged(by random strangers on the internet) for smth you are passionate about.
dardasiya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Generally I'd say it's a good idea to finish college just to have that as a backup if you ever need something to fall back on, on the off-chance that your passion path doesnt work out. It might work out and you'll never need the safety fall-back but it's good to have a safety net anyway.

If you can't stand this college, as burntcherrio said, you could try a different college, or if you're good with self-study maybe you could try a home-schooled type education. It's just to get the qualifications under your belt. How or where you get them doesn't matter.

If you're not enjoying the studies in terms of the subjects you've chosen - maybe you can choose subjects that are closer to your passions?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If OP is who I suspect then they are not 6th form age but are back at college as a result of having no qualifications and struggling to get an apprenticeship related to cars. I could be wrong.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People were judging you for repeatedly posting the same story and repeatedly ignoring all the advice they gave. Like, have you been to see your GP? What are you going to do with no qualifications and are you going to do anything about an education?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (443)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed