Opinions about this situation regarding a match on Tinder

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
On Tinder I matched with a woman aged 27. I arranged a date but on the day there was a death in my family & I had to postpone. However, she didn't believe me; excused me of just ‘pretending a member of their family has died to get out of going on a date.’ No matter what I told her she believes I never had any intention of taking her out. She said, “I can tell you right now, that getting your kicks of people falling for you, making them think there’s a date and imagining them being so sad when it’s cancelled, you’ve come to the wrong f***g girl”. From there on I haven’t been able to rearrange the date because she thinks I was lying & she’s been angry & quite frankly rude towards me ever since. We’re on Instagram too, I’m mates with my ex, & so on my Instagram she found photos of my ex & me in tagged posts from my ex. The Tinder woman has now excused me of having a girlfriend the whole time & thinks that’s the reason I didn’t meet her. I told her she’s my ex & again she accuses me of lying & so I said to ask my ex if she won’t take my word for it. She did just that but she still believes what she believes because she messaged me this, “your gf is as weird as you - what a match made in heaven 😂😂😂😂”. The woman from Tinder doesn’t follow me on Instagram anymore but I still follow her. In my Instagram feed I saw a post of a piece of her artwork, I gave it a like & she messaged me this, 'stop liking my photos / going on my account. I’ve unfollowed you, do the same to me’.

What are people’s thoughts on this entire situation? Why is she behaving this way. I’m trying to figure out her mental state, and her behaviour towards me?
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like an absolute psychopath and you definitely dodged a bullet there by not taking her on a date. Can you imagine if you didn't have a death in the family (sorry to hear about that) and you took her on a date, how clingy and mentally abusive she would be? This is how she is when you've never even met her, I'd stay well clear of meeting her in person. Unfollow, block, delete her number, erase her from your life and move on.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Y r u interested in this woman? There r major red flag here and y would even want to get to know her better is counterintuitive to put it mildly lol! Forget the date aspect if any person communicated in the way she does, I would want her toxicity out of my life asap and take steps to make it so (block/ghost/ban).
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She sound unhinged.
The type of crazy ex that every one wishes they could turn back time to avoid meeting.

You are so lucky that you have never gone on a date or hooked up with her.
Best things that you can do are block her on everything, avoid all interaction and hope that you never see or hear from her again.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
Jesus Christ. You dodged a bullet there mate. She’s psychooooooo
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candydiva)
Y r u interested in this woman? There r major red flag here and y would even want to get to know her better is counterintuitive to put it mildly lol! Forget the date aspect if any person communicated in the way she does, I would want her toxicity out of my life asap and take steps to make it so (block/ghost/ban).
she must be a 10/10 to still want to meet her after this
lamplightcandle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i’d take her up on that. yeah it’s a shame you can’t control that she thinks of you as a bad person but this behaviour is concerning. it might actually be a compliment on YOUR personality that she doesn’t like you that much. her bizarre reaction may be hard to process but don’t dwell on it too much, take the L (or even what i would say is a win) and move on
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
she must be a 10/10 to still want to meet her after this
Yeah! Everyone knows the sit here...lol!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (85)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.07%

Watched Threads