R2497
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with selecting the correct formula . I have tried countif divided by count and this has worked on one part of my spreadsheet , but not others. This has generated numbers automatically from data, and this is what I want.

I want excel to calculate the number of X in a column (count not sum) , divided by total count of cells in that column (x 100), so I want a percentage.

Please could somebody advise? Many thanks
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you want a COUNTIF combined with a COUNTA.

https://www.extendoffice.com/documen...ercentage.html
R2497
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for your help. How do I include the blank cells to be counted in the 'COUNTA' formula, please? It is excluding them and only picking up cells with numbers in, rather than the total.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by R2497)
Thanks for your help. How do I include the blank cells to be counted in the 'COUNTA' formula, please? It is excluding them and only picking up cells with numbers in, rather than the total.
You could probably just fill blank with a character like "-".
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by R2497)
For the total number of cells in a rectangular block you can use ROWS(range)*COLUMNS(range)
davros
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by R2497)
Haven't tested it but you could use the COUNTBLANK function to add back a count if the blank cells.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed