like why?
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
like why?
Well just because... Organising housing in the UK is expensive and stressful.
Also because Unis have such huge populations that they don't have enough affordable accommodation, so there's always competition for local economic private places. And the cheapest places tend to be shared houses or shared flats, so it can be a source of anxiety finding flatmates.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like why?
Welcome to life. Being organised helps.
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like why?
Like how?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like why?
Hiya!

Sorting housing for your second and third year can be really stressful! However, the best way to handle it is to always consider what your key points that you're looking for in the flat/ house are. It can be difficult when there is a large group of you but I found that always being honest with each other about the standards you have, and all attending the virtual hose/flat tours helps as you can then all contribute your thoughts.

Usually it does end up with one or two people finding the listing and sorting the viewing, but in my case when that has happened we have always allowed that person to pick their bedroom first wherever you end up living as they ended up doing the most work to get the property!

Give yourself lots of time to start booking viewings. best of luck!
Sam- Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hiya!

Sorting housing for your second and third year can be really stressful! However, the best way to handle it is to always consider what your key points that you're looking for in the flat/ house are. It can be difficult when there is a large group of you but I found that always being honest with each other about the standards you have, and all attending the virtual hose/flat tours helps as you can then all contribute your thoughts.

Usually it does end up with one or two people finding the listing and sorting the viewing, but in my case when that has happened we have always allowed that person to pick their bedroom first wherever you end up living as they ended up doing the most work to get the property!

Give yourself lots of time to start booking viewings. best of luck!
Sam- Official Student Rep
what I'm finding stressful is the fact that people can just drop out after signing the contract.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (421)
56.66%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.34%

Watched Threads