The Student Room Group

Please help worrying about a mark

Hi I just got two pieces of homework back and I did really really bad on them both. I am in L6 at the moment and hope to apply to oxbridge. Do i need consistently good grades for teachers to give the predicted grades I need? And are my gcse grades going to be good enough for oxbridge. I got 6 9s and 3 8s. Thank u xx
Original post by donnaanna
Hi I just got two pieces of homework back and I did really really bad on them both. I am in L6 at the moment and hope to apply to oxbridge. Do i need consistently good grades for teachers to give the predicted grades I need? And are my gcse grades going to be good enough for oxbridge. I got 6 9s and 3 8s. Thank u xx

Which subject are you thinking of and are you hoping to apply to Oxford or Cambridge (as sometimes the advice given may depend on this)? Your GCSE grades are great and should put you in a strong position for almost all courses (I'm not 100% sure about medicine, as I don't know if they differentiate between 9s and 8s) :biggrin:

The predicted grades your teacher gives are unlikely to be affected by two weaker pieces of homework - especially if they are not coursework pieces or mock exam work. Try not to worry! :hugs:
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Which subject are you thinking of and are you hoping to apply to Oxford or Cambridge (as sometimes the advice given may depend on this)? Your GCSE grades are great and should put you in a strong position for almost all courses (I'm not 100% sure about medicine, as I don't know if they differentiate between 9s and 8s) :biggrin:

The predicted grades your teacher gives are unlikely to be affected by two weaker pieces of homework - especially if they are not coursework pieces or mock exam work. Try not to worry! :hugs:

Thank you so much I feel so much better now. Hoping to apply for classics xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending