Zxe1012
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I have sex in the 7 day period gap when on the pill do I still need to take morning after or am I protected?
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe that it still protects you even on the week off. My concern here is that the morning after pill is not a form of contraception and shouldn’t be treated as such.
viol.aaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it’s safe to have sex on the pill break week. As long as you take the pill correctly each day before the break week, all good!
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...-take-the-pill
username5490332
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re still protected
Zxe1012
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I believe that it still protects you even on the week off. My concern here is that the morning after pill is not a form of contraception and shouldn’t be treated as such.
Ok Thankyou just don’t want to get pregnant
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zxe1012)
Ok Thankyou just don’t want to get pregnant
Of course, but you should be thinking of things like condoms before the morning after pill. There’s a reason it’s called Plan B.

It’s not as certain as contraception, and if you regularly take it then it could mess up your hormones I believe. I’ve also been told it’s quite expensive. You should never intend to get the morning after pill if you know you might be having sex. It’s for emergencies really.
lamplightcandle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course, but you should be thinking of things like condoms before the morning after pill. There’s a reason it’s called Plan B.

It’s not as certain as contraception, and if you regularly take it then it could mess up your hormones I believe. I’ve also been told it’s quite expensive. You should never intend to get the morning after pill if you know you might be having sex. It’s for emergencies really.
i think they’re talking about the contraception pill not Plan B
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lamplightcandle)
i think they’re talking about the contraception pill not Plan B
They said “still need to take morning after” so I assumed it was Plan B. Apologies if not.
Zxe1012
Rep:
?
They said “still need to take morning after” so I assumed it was Plan B. Apologies if not.
I already take the contraception pill but in the break I had it unprotected and pull out game was not good so was wondering if I was covered or needed the morning after
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zxe1012)
I already take the contraception pill but in the break I had it unprotected and pull out game was not good so was wondering if I was covered or needed the morning after
Ahh I assumed that you were planning to have sex in the future on the week off. No you’re fine, don’t worry.
Zxe1012
Rep:
?
Ahh I assumed that you were planning to have sex in the future on the week off. No you’re fine, don’t worry.
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.87%

Watched Threads