LDR and coronavirus

Watch
yasminoo18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t know if any one is able to help me on this forum but I’m gonna take and information I can get. I am in a long distance relationship with someone who is currently studying in Malaysia and we have been speaking online for over a year. We plan to meet in December via him flying here but the Covid pandemic has constantly been against us and rules are changing everyday. It’s very important that I meet him as I’ve never met him before and need to know if I feel a physical connection with him for our relationship to progress and the long distance to not bother me as much. I’m 18 years old and a student and have never been in relationship before and I think this guy is the one for me but I don’t know what to do anymore. I need to know if I feel the same about him in person. He was planning to stay with me in my home and also in a hotel at some point but due to Covid I don’t even know if he’s allowed to fly anymore to here as my town is in a tier 3 category and I can’t find any information on the government website about him not being allowed to travel here , only about uk residents not being allowed to leave. If anyone knows any information please can you help me out and give me some guidance because I’m almost giving up hope 😞
PriceZo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My first question is how do you know this person? Did you meet them online?

(Original post by yasminoo18)
I don’t know if any one is able to help me on this forum but I’m gonna take and information I can get. I am in a long distance relationship with someone who is currently studying in Malaysia and we have been speaking online for over a year. We plan to meet in December via him flying here but the Covid pandemic has constantly been against us and rules are changing everyday. It’s very important that I meet him as I’ve never met him before and need to know if I feel a physical connection with him for our relationship to progress and the long distance to not bother me as much. I’m 18 years old and a student and have never been in relationship before and I think this guy is the one for me but I don’t know what to do anymore. I need to know if I feel the same about him in person. He was planning to stay with me in my home and also in a hotel at some point but due to Covid I don’t even know if he’s allowed to fly anymore to here as my town is in a tier 3 category and I can’t find any information on the government website about him not being allowed to travel here , only about uk residents not being allowed to leave. If anyone knows any information please can you help me out and give me some guidance because I’m almost giving up hope 😞
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you actually done video calls with them or only messaged? It's not really a relationship when you've never met them because you don't know how they will treat you or others in person.

If he's Malaysian, he can tell you the rules for his country; currently he cannot leave for social purposes. In Tier 3 you can't meet anyone from outside your household except in an outdoor space, eg a park. He couldn't stay with you or come to your house, even to be in the garden.
yasminoo18
Rep:
?
(Original post by PriceZo)
My first question is how do you know this person? Did you meet them online?
Yes I met them online but we’ve been talking to each other for over a year
yasminoo18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Have you actually done video calls with them or only messaged? It's not really a relationship when you've never met them because you don't know how they will treat you or others in person.

If he's Malaysian, he can tell you the rules for his country; currently he cannot leave for social purposes. In Tier 3 you can't meet anyone from outside your household except in an outdoor space, eg a park. He couldn't stay with you or come to your house, even to be in the garden.
Yes I know him very well and have been calling him every day for over a year and that’s why I’m soo desperate to meet him 🥺. I really think we will work out as a couple but just keep getting our hopes up with the continuous changing of rules and just finding it very hard at the moment. Thank you for your information also
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads