JägerBomb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. I've never posted around here before. I'm just under 17 years old and I would appreciate any advice and/or tips, resources, information, etc for my current situation. I've been indecisive and made a number of blunders since A Levels began, but the bottom line is I'm currently doing Business, Economics and English.

At the moment I'm about to drop business and take up maths, but I already tried maths A Level at the beginning of the year and couldn't keep up at all, even though I'm pretty decent at it.

Imo business A Level is a joke, at least at my school, it's just taught improperly, the class is full of clowns and it's just a toned down version of economics. I've also heard that many universities dislike the A Level combination of Econ and business, even though I'm not planning to go to uni at the moment.

I just want to know if I can catch up and succeed in maths A Level, given that I scored a grade 8 in GCSE maths and that I was good at it but pretty bad at A Level Math, which I tried for 2 weeks before dropping. Sorry if this is a vague body of confusing words, I don't expect any full fledged serious responses, but please post anything you believe will help. Thank you.
username5490332
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re definitely capable of doing A level maths. It can be a lot of work, you need to do a lot of practice questions in your own time, but I got a 9 in GCSE maths and although it’s not as easy it’s definitely not all that bad. Maybe you just started on a hard or new topic?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads