Computer science at Imperial College without further maths

Watch
rsen1324
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I am in y13 and I study Maths, physics and computer science. I am wanting to apply to Imperial College London for BEng computer science. I realised the importance of a level further maths for top tier universities far too late. However, I am predicted all A*s for my other 3 subjects. Has anyone gotten into Imperial College for computer science without further maths. If not, would it be a good idea to take a gap year after sixth form to self-study further maths?
kiiwi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did further maths and got 4A* s in my A levels but they didn’t even interview me for computer science. I would say why not just try your best and apply, it is not an official requirement so they will consider it and if at end of the year things doesn’t work out and you are not satisfied with the place you get you can then decide to take a gap year and doing further maths would be a really good thing.
rsen1324
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by kiiwi)
I did further maths and got 4A* s in my A levels but they didn’t even interview me for computer science. I would say why not just try your best and apply, it is not an official requirement so they will consider it and if at end of the year things doesn’t work out and you are not satisfied with the place you get you can then decide to take a gap year and doing further maths would be a really good thing.
Thank you, that was helpful! I think you're right in saying that rather than worrying about further maths, I should just focus on my 3 subjects and try to get the best grades possible in those.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (78)
18.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.77%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads