Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Look at my grades in my signature. I decided to post here because I know B'ham are one of the most strictest unis when it comes to GCSEs (for Medicine). So if I did retake and got 7A*s+ would I be called for an interview? I.E would me retakes count? (I have heard that you need 7 A*s for an interview at Bham).

So would I?

Also: would other unis look down on them? would they strengthen or weaken my application?

thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it'd help, really - the whole point of stipulating GCSE grades is to distinguish between candidates, so people who got them in the first sitting will still be looked upon more favourably. It may be worth e-mailing admissions tutors about it, but I'd say forget the retakes and concentrate on straight As at A level.

ReputationRep:
    k thanks

ReputationRep:
    i cannot find an address to email them on . . . any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrimsonButterfly)
    i cannot find an address to email them on . . . any help?
    depends which course your going for - heres the one for medicine and surgury (5 years).

Admissions Tutor: Professor Chris Lote
    Telephone enquiries: +44 (0)121 414 6888
    Email: [email protected]

if your looking at a different course tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaomeister)
    depends which course your going for - heres the one for medicine and surgury (5 years).

Admissions Tutor: Professor Chris Lote
    Telephone enquiries: +44 (0)121 414 6888
    Email: [email protected]

if your looking at a different course tell me
    thank you!
    I am looking for the Medicine course - i think that must be it . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrimsonButterfly)
    Look at my grades in my signature. I decided to post here because I know B'ham are one of the most strictest unis when it comes to GCSEs (for Medicine). So if I did retake and got 7A*s+ would I be called for an interview? I.E would me retakes count? (I have heard that you need 7 A*s for an interview at Bham).

So would I?

Also: would other unis look down on them? would they strengthen or weaken my application?

thank you !!!
    im not sure but they seem to look down on people who do retakes as if you retake a sixth form year it says they rarely consider you.
    your a levels are more important than GCSEs anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantthinkofaname)
    im not sure but they seem to look down on people who do retakes as if you retake a sixth form year it says they rarely consider you.
    your a levels are more important than GCSEs anyway.
    so they will NOT consider me ? even if I get good AS levels e.t.c ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about your GCSEs - I'd say your current grades are fine. Just make sure you get straight As at A-level - without repeating a year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.