charlotte mizon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello, anyone on here applying to Reading for 2021 and have it as their top choice? Also whats the best accommodation, with an en-suite, for social purposes?

thanks x
h0w32001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charlotte mizon)
hello, anyone on here applying to Reading for 2021 and have it as their top choice? Also whats the best accommodation, with an en-suite, for social purposes?

thanks x
greenow and mccombie - ensuite and sociable
mackinder - ensuite but more expensive, also sociable
benyon and sherfield - ensuite but these halls are not sociable. off campus so excluded.
wessex - no ensuite but sociable
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charlotte mizon)

thanks x
Hey charlotte mizon

Amazing to hear your applying to study with us!

h0w32001 has given a lovely summary of some of our accommodation, I would just say that I lived in St George's in first year which is technically off campus but I found it incredibly sociable, most of my closest friendships were made with people I lived with, those in my flat and in my building in general.
But if you want to be close to the park eat and park bar (one of the biggest bars and eateries on campus) then one of the park group accommodations would be ideal, for example Child's, Greenow and Mccombie or Mackinder.

You can find out more about the differences between the halls, about the community and price breakdowns here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...mmodation.aspx

What course have you applied for?
If you have any more questions please do ask!

Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and student ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.21%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.79%

Watched Threads