The Student Room Group

Feeling hopeless about my degree/career prospects...

I'm an international student in Malaysia and I take the IB. I went into the IB planning to pursue Law and I picked the following subjects:

HL History, Language and Literature, Economics
SL: Math AA, Biology, Spanish B

Even though I have a 7 in every subject (the highest score one can get) I feel so depressed and hopeless. I wish I had picked science/math subjects so I could have received some more respect (and I'm also talented at STEM subjects).

I know that it's incredibly difficult to:
1. get entrance into a top Law uni (I'm afraid my subject combo will look bad)
2. Land a training contract (especially for an international student like myself)

Are there any other options I could pursue with my current subject combo? If I wanted to pursue something other than a legal career with an LLB, what professions would be possible?

Thank you!
Original post by deathray65
I'm an international student in Malaysia and I take the IB. I went into the IB planning to pursue Law and I picked the following subjects:

HL History, Language and Literature, Economics
SL: Math AA, Biology, Spanish B

Even though I have a 7 in every subject (the highest score one can get) I feel so depressed and hopeless. I wish I had picked science/math subjects so I could have received some more respect (and I'm also talented at STEM subjects).

I know that it's incredibly difficult to:
1. get entrance into a top Law uni (I'm afraid my subject combo will look bad)
2. Land a training contract (especially for an international student like myself)

Are there any other options I could pursue with my current subject combo? If I wanted to pursue something other than a legal career with an LLB, what professions would be possible?

Thank you!

The good point is that you can apply for a place and only come if you have a uni you wish to go to. Your combo is more or less irrrelevant plus its fine.
TCs are hard for everyone, even moreso for internationals. If competition puts you off, then naybe think about something else. That said some international students do make it happen.

If you want soemthing other than Law, then you could do banking or if you wnated to do Stem then do A levels back in Malaysia. Two would be enough to open Stem careers. You are in a good position because you havent committed to anything so far and you can change course.

It would be more difficult if you had already started your degree. As long as you get into a good uni and get good grades then you are good to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending