J.AL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am not well informed on makeup and need a powder to carry as I have extremely oily skin. I was wondering if a loose powder was just for the initial makeup application and I should choose a pressed powder, or are they the same thing?

Thanks
sunshine1243
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would choose a pressed power, purely for ease of use! Loose power literally goes everywhere and can sometimes (in my opinion) make you look a bit cakey if you wear it without any makeup. My favourite pressed powder is by Elf. Think it’s called HD translucent pressed powder or something like that. It’s not expensive and is normally at boots or Superdrug. It’s really good for my oily skin but also doesn’t dry me out either. Hope this helps!
J x
J.AL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sunshine1243)
I would choose a pressed power, purely for ease of use! Loose power literally goes everywhere and can sometimes (in my opinion) make you look a bit cakey if you wear it without any makeup. My favourite pressed powder is by Elf. Think it’s called HD translucent pressed powder or something like that. It’s not expensive and is normally at boots or Superdrug. It’s really good for my oily skin but also doesn’t dry me out either. Hope this helps!
J x
Thanks for the reply! Does it leave a white cast?
sunshine1243
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J.AL)
Thanks for the reply! Does it leave a white cast?
Not if you use a big fluffy brush in my experience. X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (249)
57.24%
I don't have everything I need (186)
42.76%

Watched Threads