Making up with a friend

Watch
lamplightcandle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Earlier this week me and my friend had a falling out. It ended with me calmly saying that their actions hurt me, at this current moment at time I felt I cared more about this friendship than they did and that I needed to take a step back. They haven’t text me since I sent that message.

Their actions still hurt, as this has been yet another way they’ve shown me I’m just sort of an afterthought. But not having them as my friend is hurting more. I want to talk to them again, I really do. Last night they posted a song that meant a lot to the both of us on one of their stories. However last time we fell out which was a few months ago, I ended up caving and apologising for my outburst when they triggered me. I feel that caving in and apologising again and undermines my feelings and leaves me open to this sort of thing yet again. I just want my friend back, but I don’t want to go through another argument. Any advice on whether I should approach them or should I wait for them to approach me? I don’t want to be petty and be like “well i’m not talking to you until you say sorry >“ but idk. idk what to do
Oiroegbu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lamplightcandle)
Earlier this week me and my friend had a falling out. It ended with me calmly saying that their actions hurt me, at this current moment at time I felt I cared more about this friendship than they did and that I needed to take a step back. They haven’t text me since I sent that message.

Their actions still hurt, as this has been yet another way they’ve shown me I’m just sort of an afterthought. But not having them as my friend is hurting more. I want to talk to them again, I really do. Last night they posted a song that meant a lot to the both of us on one of their stories. However last time we fell out which was a few months ago, I ended up caving and apologising for my outburst when they triggered me. I feel that caving in and apologising again and undermines my feelings and leaves me open to this sort of thing yet again. I just want my friend back, but I don’t want to go through another argument. Any advice on whether I should approach them or should I wait for them to approach me? I don’t want to be petty and be like “well i’m not talking to you until you say sorry >“ but idk. idk what to do
I think it's left for you to take your decision. On one hand you are always trying to keep the friendship which continues to get you hurt. On the other hand, this "friend" doesn't give a damn about your feelings and shouldn't even be a friend at the first place. It's left for you to make a decision to continue being hurt or to walk away with your dignity intact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.91%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.56%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads