The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Widening Access

Hi,
I've written my personal statement already, but I recently found out that for one of the courses I'm applying to, it requires that I must add to my personal statement any under-represented groups that I am in (e.g. military family, disabilities, etc.).

I am not too sure on how to do this naturally as I don't want my other uni choices to misunderstand. If anyone has an idea don't hesitate to tell me bc I'm stuck :smile: Thank youu
Reply 1
Original post by kira_r
Hi,
I've written my personal statement already, but I recently found out that for one of the courses I'm applying to, it requires that I must add to my personal statement any under-represented groups that I am in (e.g. military family, disabilities, etc.).

I am not too sure on how to do this naturally as I don't want my other uni choices to misunderstand. If anyone has an idea don't hesitate to tell me bc I'm stuck :smile: Thank youu

That's really bizarre, most unis do widening access stuff based on things you put elsewhere in the UCAS form, or maybe at a push things in your reference. How exactly do they want you to refer to it? Unis are usually understanding with things that aren't relevant to other unis and ask for it in some other form (e.g. an extra form or something).
Reply 2
Original post by Interea
That's really bizarre, most unis do widening access stuff based on things you put elsewhere in the UCAS form, or maybe at a push things in your reference. How exactly do they want you to refer to it? Unis are usually understanding with things that aren't relevant to other unis and ask for it in some other form (e.g. an extra form or something).

That's what I thought as well, but I emailed the uni just in case and they confirmed that I had to add it into my personal statement. Not too sure how I'm meant to do it tho.

Would it be weird if just blatantly wrote that I belong to X group? Thanks :h:
Original post by kira_r
That's what I thought as well, but I emailed the uni just in case and they confirmed that I had to add it into my personal statement. Not too sure how I'm meant to do it tho.

Would it be weird if just blatantly wrote that I belong to X group? Thanks :h:

that sounds odd...maybe you could just put 'being .../part of x group has shown me...' :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending